Movie actors are a unique bunch of characters in Hollywood. Adept at script memorization, method acting, and being snobby little princesses (the males included), they are somewhat limited in their performance venues. They can switch pretty easily and thrive in theater productions because most of them began their acting lives on the stage in front of adoring audiences. Decades ago they could also do radio pretty easily; most likely because they could read right from the script and no one listening would know any different.
Television? Well, that's a whole different loaf a bread! For some reason, big-named movie stars with their Oscars and Golden Globes just tank when they decide to jump to the small screen. Their failures could be due to the show they've decided to star in, who they play on the show, or the fact that they are catering to a different audience than film-goers. Whatever the reason, some of Hollywood's most famous film stars had some famously big television flops. Here are but a few of them to digest.
The network has ordered a pilot for Idols, though that name isn't a sure thing yet. The series will feature actors interviewing the people that influenced them. The first episode finds Alec Baldwin interviewing Gene Wilder. Yeah, that one surprised me, but it should make for an interesting conversation.
Also in the works is a series of documentaries. One of those is Spielberg on Spielberg, a 90 minute look at his film career. There are also plans for a look back at the career of Marlon Brando through interviews with James Caan, Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, and Martin Scorcese.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Admissions Department
- Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered to Series at NBC
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!)
- More From TVLine
- From 'Idol' to Dr. Pepper? Justin Guarini Stars in Hilarious, Bizarre Ad for Diet Soda
- Sami Miro on Dating Zac Efron: 'It's Definitely Different'
- Scientology's Most Famous Members and Detractors
- Liam Payne Assures One Direction Fans That They're 'Far From Over'
- Amal Clooney's Best Looks
- More From ET