General Hospital Night Shift
It makes sense that SoapNet would take another stab at creating its own dramas. Last year's Night Shift, the channel's first attempt at that kind of original programming, proved more popular than the reruns of daytime soaps it had been running at 11 o'clock at night. But the difference between this new offering -- about the ladies in the lives of professional hockey players...hockey and soap? -- is that Night Shift was based on General Hospital and used popular stars from the daytime show for the spin-off. If Steve Burton (Jason), Kimberly McCullough (Robin) and Jason Thompson (Patrick) were not in Nightshift, would SoapNet viewers have tuned in?
That's right, ladies, Lando Calrissian, rogue smuggler and former administrator of Cloud City, will be appearing on General Hospital: Night Shift, a spin-off of General Hospital debuting tomorrow at 11:00 p.m. on SoapNet. The series will air for thirteen weeks.
I guess I should refer to him by his real name, Billy Dee Williams. Apparently the movie star decided, at the ripe old age of 70, to have some fun with his roles. In the past, he had been asked to join the cast of the original General Hospital, but always turned down the offer.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol: The Top 24's Motown Week Song Choices Revealed!
- Catfish's Nev Schulman Grades 7 of TV's Top Impostors from Arrow to PLL
- Grey's Anatomy Preview: How Are April and Jackson Weathering Their Loss?
- Pilot Scoop: Giovanni Ribisi Lands Title Role in CBS Drama Sneaky Pete
- House of Cards Season 3 Premiere Recap: 19 Must-See Moments
- More From TVLine
- David Beckham Embarrasses His Son Brooklyn With a Super Sweet Happy 16th Birthday Message
- 'The Osbournes' Mysterious Daughter Returns With an Amazing Voice and Creepy Music Video
- Idiot Criminal Gets Arrested After Taunting Police on Facebook
- A Shirtless Justin Bieber Covers 'Men's Health,' Talks Growing Up Too Fast
- Karrueche Tran Responds to Reports That Chris Brown Has a 9-Month-Old Daughter
- More From ET