Once again Geoff Johns shows his subject matter expertise. In the comics, Hawkman had conservative tendencies while Green Arrow had liberal ones, so they tended to not get along unless a supervillain showed up when they would team up to stop him or her.
These sort of costumes are a step away from the "no tights no flights" rule that was there since the beginning of Smallville. Perhaps their appearance is marking a policy change for the show. Of course, once Clark puts on the cape and takes flight, the show is pretty much done.
For those of you who thought Bryan Singer's 'Superman Returns' should've been scrapped for a big-screen 'Smallville' movie (titled 'Metropolis,' perhaps?), this might be the first small step into that larger world. The Ausiello Files reports that a 'Smallville' (which, at this point, should really be called 'Metropolis') TV movie will air on the CW in January.
Well, sort of. The "movie" is actually two episodes penned by master DC scribe Geoff Johns -- 'Society' and 'Legends' -- merged into one super-episode, airing Jan. 29, 2010. The two episodes focus on the Justice Society and will feature appearances by such DC characters as Stargirl, Hawkman and Dr. Fate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Admissions Department
- Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered to Series at NBC
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!)
- More From TVLine