Once again Geoff Johns shows his subject matter expertise. In the comics, Hawkman had conservative tendencies while Green Arrow had liberal ones, so they tended to not get along unless a supervillain showed up when they would team up to stop him or her.
These sort of costumes are a step away from the "no tights no flights" rule that was there since the beginning of Smallville. Perhaps their appearance is marking a policy change for the show. Of course, once Clark puts on the cape and takes flight, the show is pretty much done.
For those of you who thought Bryan Singer's 'Superman Returns' should've been scrapped for a big-screen 'Smallville' movie (titled 'Metropolis,' perhaps?), this might be the first small step into that larger world. The Ausiello Files reports that a 'Smallville' (which, at this point, should really be called 'Metropolis') TV movie will air on the CW in January.
Well, sort of. The "movie" is actually two episodes penned by master DC scribe Geoff Johns -- 'Society' and 'Legends' -- merged into one super-episode, airing Jan. 29, 2010. The two episodes focus on the Justice Society and will feature appearances by such DC characters as Stargirl, Hawkman and Dr. Fate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Gets a Piggy Back Ride From Boyfriend Calvin Harris -- See the Adorable Pic!
- What's the Secret Behind Taylor Swift's Unstoppable Power?
- Jennifer Hudson Readies for Her Broadway Debut in ‘The Color Purple'
- Glory Johnson Announces She's Pregnant With Twins, Ex Brittney Griner Remains Mum
- Photos of Bobbi Kristina Brown in Hospice Care Selling for $100,000
- More From ET