Once again Geoff Johns shows his subject matter expertise. In the comics, Hawkman had conservative tendencies while Green Arrow had liberal ones, so they tended to not get along unless a supervillain showed up when they would team up to stop him or her.
These sort of costumes are a step away from the "no tights no flights" rule that was there since the beginning of Smallville. Perhaps their appearance is marking a policy change for the show. Of course, once Clark puts on the cape and takes flight, the show is pretty much done.
For those of you who thought Bryan Singer's 'Superman Returns' should've been scrapped for a big-screen 'Smallville' movie (titled 'Metropolis,' perhaps?), this might be the first small step into that larger world. The Ausiello Files reports that a 'Smallville' (which, at this point, should really be called 'Metropolis') TV movie will air on the CW in January.
Well, sort of. The "movie" is actually two episodes penned by master DC scribe Geoff Johns -- 'Society' and 'Legends' -- merged into one super-episode, airing Jan. 29, 2010. The two episodes focus on the Justice Society and will feature appearances by such DC characters as Stargirl, Hawkman and Dr. Fate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 6 Photos: The Recruits Practice Surveillance on Miranda and Her Son
- 'Bones' Episode 11.4 Photos: Will Brennan Feel Competitive with Betty White's Dr. Mayer Around?
- 'The Flash' Recap: Does the Team Trust Jay Garrick?
- 'Arrow' Villain Damien Darhk to Appear on 'The Flash' and 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Switch-Up Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Denzel Washington Is Coming to 'Grey's Anatomy,' But It's Not What You Think
- Lamar Odom Reportedly Found Unconscious in Nevada Brothel
- EXCLUSIVE: 'The Flash's Teddy Sears Spills on Jay Garrick's Relationship With [SPOILER] and Who Would Win in a Race!
- Scott Disick Shares Latest Cryptic Post: 'Never Give Up'
- Sandra Bullock's Beau, Bryan Randall, Rocks Leather Pants in Early '90s Modeling Shoot
- More From ET