Tyra Banks, star hostess of America's Next Top Model, will be back for cycles 11 and 12. One Tree Hill will be back for a sixth season; and Gossip Girl will start season two. Women, that all important 18-34 demographic, are faithful viewers for these three shows.
Since this is a TV blog, we don't really talk much about movies. We leave that to our sister blog Cinematical. But sometimes a movie comes along that has something to do with television, and Hollywoodland is one of those movies. It's about the death of TV Superman George Reeves. He was shot in his bedroom during a party in June of 1959. The official cause of death was listed as suicide (upset over the lack of roles offered because he was typecast), but many think he was murdered.
Box Office Prophets has a nice interview with Hollywoodland screenwriter Paul Bernbaum, where he discusses the writing process for the film, how the final script differs from his version, Ben Affleck (he plays Reeves in the film), and the politics of getting a writing credit in Hollywood. It's also very cool to not only find out that Bernbaum started out as a scriptwriter on one of my favorite TV shows, Riptide, in the 80s, but that he'd like to work on a film about Philo Farnsworth, the inventor of television, which I talked about the other day.
[via Lee Goldberg]
- The first season of Superboy
- The first volume of Krypto
- The direct-to-video Brainiac Attacks cartoon
- Seasons 3 and 4 of The Adventures Of Superman
- The second season of Justice League
- Volume 3 of Superman: The
- The third season of Lois and Clark
- A special DVD set that will contain the first season Smallville, the first season of Lois and Clark, and the first season of The Animated Series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Banshee's' Demetrius Grosse: Emmett needs to take a step back from Banshee
- 'Veronica Mars' newbie reacts to the series finale cliffhanger: Season 3 can't just end like that
- 'Amazing Race' - 'Welcome to the Jungle': Flight Time's precarious waterfall Road Block
- 'Review with Forrest MacNeil': Stealing, addiction and other parts of life
- 'Believe': Watch the Alfonso Cuaron-directed opening scene of NBC's new series
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Friday: Undercover Employees, Raising Hope Baby Talk, New Clone Wars & More
- Scandal Recap: 'What Is That, Latin for Dweeb?'
- Greek's Spencer Grammer Joins ABC Pilot Saint Francis Opposite Michael Imperioli
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Them's the Breaks
- Reign React: Did Mary Wed the Right Brother?
- More From TVLine