"Every president, regardless of party, tries to stroke every erogenous zone in the electorate," Will explained.
"Oh my goodness!" cried out Amanpour, as Paul Krugman and Matthew Dowd smirked in the background.
For his part, Will kept speaking as though he hadn't said anything out of the ordinary.
Will happened to be wearing a necktie, rather than the bow-tie he is famous for, when he made the R-rated analogy. So, perhaps this is just what happens when Will sports more adventurous attire.
He will be missed, especially at the network. Anchorman Charles Gibson acknowledged as much when he told the Washington Post that Donaldson's retirement "really is a loss of the bedrock" for ABC. These days, the big three have struggled to maintain their dominance in the news business with cable outlets offering so much blanket coverage compared to the nets. Sam Donaldson has been synonymous with ABC. He can't help but be missed. To this day, I think Ted Koppell is missed as well.
Okay, it's been about 80 minutes since ABC News began their coverage of the elections, and I have just one thing to say: Diane Sawyer is hot! And, I guess George Stephanopoulos is cute, as well. Other than that, there isn't much else to report about the early coverage of the 2008 Presidential election. Which, I have heard, is historic. I know this because I heard it mentioned 550 times since coverage began.
So far, I give high marks to the team of Charles Gibson, Diane Sawyer, and George. I can't put my finger on it, but they seem to be the classiest and most qualified team of the Big Three networks. It's probably Charlie, who is the veteran of all of the current national news anchors. Plus, you know, Diane is hot. Together, they were able to keep the coverage moving during the first hour as the exit poll results were few and far between.
Speaking about those election results ... Thumbs up to ABC for not giving their estimates of winners in those states that are too close to call. Sure, it really didn't do much to pump up the election coverage energy, but it prevented me from throwing my remote at my HDTV screen and screaming that they were ruining the election. By the way, why does ABC's HDTV channel have the lowest volume on any channel? My volume control doesn't go high enough to get the proper sound. So, it's standard analog coverage for me, thank you very much.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.4 Photos: Vance Returns to Field Duty
- 'Quantico' Episode 4 Photos: The Recruits Train for a Hostage Crisis
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' Season Premiere Recap: What's Up With Room 64?
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- Vampire Diaries Season 7: Meet the Heretics, Mystic Falls' Greatest Threat
- The Player Sneak Peek: Alex and Cassandra Are Runnin' and Gunnin'
- Nashville Recap: Sob Story
- More From TVLine
- 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Stassi Schroeder Says Her Relationship With Lisa Vanderpump Will 'Never Be the Same'
- Liam Hemsworth Strips Down and Takes a Hot Shower After Surfing -- See the Pics!
- Star Sightings October 2015
- Ashley Benson Sparks Instagram Uproar Over 'Cecil the Lion' Costume
- Howard Stern Blasts Jay Leno for Jimmy Kimmel Diss: ‘No One Is More Cruel'
- More From ET