"Every president, regardless of party, tries to stroke every erogenous zone in the electorate," Will explained.
"Oh my goodness!" cried out Amanpour, as Paul Krugman and Matthew Dowd smirked in the background.
For his part, Will kept speaking as though he hadn't said anything out of the ordinary.
Will happened to be wearing a necktie, rather than the bow-tie he is famous for, when he made the R-rated analogy. So, perhaps this is just what happens when Will sports more adventurous attire.
He will be missed, especially at the network. Anchorman Charles Gibson acknowledged as much when he told the Washington Post that Donaldson's retirement "really is a loss of the bedrock" for ABC. These days, the big three have struggled to maintain their dominance in the news business with cable outlets offering so much blanket coverage compared to the nets. Sam Donaldson has been synonymous with ABC. He can't help but be missed. To this day, I think Ted Koppell is missed as well.
Okay, it's been about 80 minutes since ABC News began their coverage of the elections, and I have just one thing to say: Diane Sawyer is hot! And, I guess George Stephanopoulos is cute, as well. Other than that, there isn't much else to report about the early coverage of the 2008 Presidential election. Which, I have heard, is historic. I know this because I heard it mentioned 550 times since coverage began.
So far, I give high marks to the team of Charles Gibson, Diane Sawyer, and George. I can't put my finger on it, but they seem to be the classiest and most qualified team of the Big Three networks. It's probably Charlie, who is the veteran of all of the current national news anchors. Plus, you know, Diane is hot. Together, they were able to keep the coverage moving during the first hour as the exit poll results were few and far between.
Speaking about those election results ... Thumbs up to ABC for not giving their estimates of winners in those states that are too close to call. Sure, it really didn't do much to pump up the election coverage energy, but it prevented me from throwing my remote at my HDTV screen and screaming that they were ruining the election. By the way, why does ABC's HDTV channel have the lowest volume on any channel? My volume control doesn't go high enough to get the proper sound. So, it's standard analog coverage for me, thank you very much.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 37 Most Talked-About Moments of 2013
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Jury Watch: Who Could Win?
- 'Scandal' Exclusive Interview: Katie Lowes & Guillermo Diaz Talk About Huck and Quinn's Unique Relationship, Torture, and What's Next
- The CW Mid-Season Schedule: 'Hart of Dixie,' 'Tomorrow People' Move, 'Beauty and the Beast' on Hiatus
- 'Survivor' Renewed for Two More Seasons
- More From BuddyTV
- 'This vs. That' creator claims Discovery and 'Mythbusters' stole his show
- TV Snacks: 'Survivor' renewed, Miley on 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- Watch Natalie Dormer back on 'Elementary' as the nefarious Moriarty
- 'The X Factor': Jeff Gutt and Kelly Rowland on the emotional 'Hallelujah'
- 'Hart of Dixie' spoilers: Lemon's return date (with Robert Buckley?), plus a Roaring '20s photo
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Goldbergs Casting Scoop, Survivor Renewed, Gail O'Grady Gets Revenge and More
- Community Trailer 'Rings' in Season 5 With Britta Worship, Donald Glover In-Jokes, Walton Goggins
- Pilot News: Showtime Excommunicates Kyle Chandler's The Vatican
- The CW's Midseason Plan: Star-Crossed Monday, Beast's Spring Break, New Slots for Three Shows
- Ratings: Modern Family Rises, Sing-Off Drops
- More From TVLine