According to Geraldo, the Kennedy's objected to a storyline that focused on the family's "rowdy, sex-obsessed nature." To demonstate the tone of miniseries, Geraldo read a racy line from the script, in what was supposed to sound like the voice of John F. Kennedy.
"I love lobster. But not every night. If I don't get some strange ass every couple days I get migraines," Geraldo imitated, displaying hints of both a British and Southern accent, but nothing remotely close to JFK's iconic -- and not particularly hard to imitate -- upper-crust Boston accent.
That this reading may be the closest 'The Kennedys' ever comes to being aired on TV made Geraldo's woeful JFK impression all the more sad.
It might sound like the world's most lopsided episode of Celebrity Deathmatch, but the world's most famous pot comedy duo squared off against the famed conservative pundit on Rivera's "Geraldo at Large" show recently to discuss the opening of the country's first cannibus club in Portland, Oregon and the legalization of marijuana. Despite the craziness of the casting, they actually have a very frank, civilized and enlightening discussion on the subject.
TV Squad readers are a diverse bunch, coming from different backgrounds, cultures and tastes. There is one thing that unites us all, however: we loves to party. That's why I invite all of you to play this crazy game I just invented called "Geraldo/O'Reilly, Yosemite Sam, Tasmanian Devil or Screaming Baby?"
Here's how to play:
Have one person play each of the following video clips for two seconds, and then have a group of blindfolded players try to guess if they're listening to an argument between Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly, Yosemite Sam losing his temper, the Tasmanian Devil spazzing out, or a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.
- Reason magazine took a nasty (and inaccurate) dig at TV writer Lee Goldberg recently.
- Vanna White talks about sushi.
- Best Week Ever has the latest "Paris Hilton did what?!" news.
- Ain't It Cool News has an interview with Heroes director Tim Kring.
- Geraldo Rivera's show is coming back to FOX News (and I didn't realize he had a blog).
- That's Ellen DeGeneres?
- Is The Daily Show journalism, satire, or both?
Other syndication casualties this year include The Megan Mullally Show and Geraldo at Large. Do the changes improve daily television viewing choices? Eh. Probably not.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 7.2 and 7.3 Photos: Damon and Bonnie Fight the Heretics
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Week 4 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Fox Developing Limited Series About Racially-Charged Police Shooting, Sanaa Lathan Attached to Star
- NCIS Brings Back Scottie Thompson as Tony's Ex, Jeanne Benoit
- Castle Reveal: The Feisty 'New Woman' in Rick's Life Is... Aubrey Plaza?
- Vampire Diaries Season 7 Photos: 'Bamon' Teams Up, Caroline Suffers
- TVLine Items: Tricia Helfer on Powers, Reign Casting Shake-Up and More
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings October 2015
- Could Nick Gordon Be Facing Criminal Charges in Bobbi Kristina Brown Case?
- What Holly Madison Wants to Teach Her Daughter About Playboy
- Watch Ariana Grande Kiss Her 'Victorious' Costar Liz Gillies
- If Your Name Is Lauren and You Lost Your Student ID, Tom Hanks Has It
- More From ET