According to Geraldo, the Kennedy's objected to a storyline that focused on the family's "rowdy, sex-obsessed nature." To demonstate the tone of miniseries, Geraldo read a racy line from the script, in what was supposed to sound like the voice of John F. Kennedy.
"I love lobster. But not every night. If I don't get some strange ass every couple days I get migraines," Geraldo imitated, displaying hints of both a British and Southern accent, but nothing remotely close to JFK's iconic -- and not particularly hard to imitate -- upper-crust Boston accent.
That this reading may be the closest 'The Kennedys' ever comes to being aired on TV made Geraldo's woeful JFK impression all the more sad.
It might sound like the world's most lopsided episode of Celebrity Deathmatch, but the world's most famous pot comedy duo squared off against the famed conservative pundit on Rivera's "Geraldo at Large" show recently to discuss the opening of the country's first cannibus club in Portland, Oregon and the legalization of marijuana. Despite the craziness of the casting, they actually have a very frank, civilized and enlightening discussion on the subject.
TV Squad readers are a diverse bunch, coming from different backgrounds, cultures and tastes. There is one thing that unites us all, however: we loves to party. That's why I invite all of you to play this crazy game I just invented called "Geraldo/O'Reilly, Yosemite Sam, Tasmanian Devil or Screaming Baby?"
Here's how to play:
Have one person play each of the following video clips for two seconds, and then have a group of blindfolded players try to guess if they're listening to an argument between Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly, Yosemite Sam losing his temper, the Tasmanian Devil spazzing out, or a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.
- Reason magazine took a nasty (and inaccurate) dig at TV writer Lee Goldberg recently.
- Vanna White talks about sushi.
- Best Week Ever has the latest "Paris Hilton did what?!" news.
- Ain't It Cool News has an interview with Heroes director Tim Kring.
- Geraldo Rivera's show is coming back to FOX News (and I didn't realize he had a blog).
- That's Ellen DeGeneres?
- Is The Daily Show journalism, satire, or both?
Other syndication casualties this year include The Megan Mullally Show and Geraldo at Large. Do the changes improve daily television viewing choices? Eh. Probably not.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Gang Related Cut After One Season
- Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Good Wife, S.H.I.E.L.D., Blacklist, SVU, Big Bang and More
- Suits Bad Boy Brendan Hines Fitted for a Recurring Role on CBS' Scorpion
- Netflix's Hemlock Grove Renewed for Third (and Final!) Season
- More From TVLine
- Mark Wahlberg Not Attending Brother Donnie's Wedding To Jenny McCarthy
- Meghan Trainor Bares All: Her Unexpected Big Break, Being Bullied and Embracing Her Body
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Everything in New 'Gown'
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- 'Magic Mike' Sequel Reveals Big New Title
- More From ET