Who might be playing the Rani in the new series? That's after the jump.
The pressure on the man must be enormous. He's working on a new movie Fencewalker and just finished The X-Files: I Want to Believe movie. While reviews of the movie weren't great, it did make $60 million in the worldwide box office (from a $30 million budget). That's not including the inevitable DVD sales (which will probably be strong due to the number of X-Files enthusiasts out there). How much does a movie have to make in order to be considered a success by Hollywood standards?
I admit that I know nothing about Chris Carter, so the skeptic in me can't help but wonder if "exhaustion" is a euphemism for some other addiction. Perhaps he and David Duchovny will run into each other while hospitalized and chat about old times.
And the extraterrestrial and supernatural make for some good quotes, starting with the pilot, when Scully refers to Mulder by his nickname from the academy: "Spooky Mulder."
Or how about Mulder's understatement of the millennium: " ... in most of my work, the laws of physics rarely seems to apply."
This latest trailer for The X-Files movie, coming out July 25th, actually has some meat to it. The past teaser-trailers haven't shown much except some snow and a lot of flashes of black. In this trailer, we actually get to see some of Mulder and Scully's co-stars -- namely, Amanda Peet and Billy Connolly. Peet appears to be an FBI agent who is a bit of an outsider because she's a believer in the paranormal, which is why Mulder is brought on to the case. Connolly plays an unusual man, a psychic, who may or may not be nuts.
I've already attended the Buffy Reunion and Dirty Sexy Money (click above for those reports). Last night I went to The X-Files panel. For what happened during the event, read on past the jump.
A few tidbits of personal news from some current and former television personalities:
-- Project Runway host Hedi Klum gave birth to a little boy on November 22nd. The child's name is Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel and he weighed in at 8 lbs. 11oz. This is the third child for Klum, and the second for both her and musician husband Seal. Their first child, son Henry, was born nine months ago. This couple works fast!
-- Also giving birth: former X-Files star Gillian Anderson. Ms. Anderson (she recently divorced photojournalist husband husband Julian Ozanne after 16 months of marriage) gave birth to a 6 lbs. 8 oz. boy named Oscar. According to Anderson's manager, Oscar was born on November 1st (three weeks early) in London. Both mother and son are doing fine.
Anderson is currently living in London where she has been doing a lot of theater work. Most recently, she was seen on American television when she played the lead role in PBS' Masterpiece Theatre's production of Bleak House.
Gillian currently lives in London with her daughter, Piper, from a previous marriage. Anderson recently received a BAFTA nomination for her role as Lady Dedlock in the BBC's Bleak House.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 21 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Black Hole Sun'
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Top Looks of 'Finale, Part 2'
- 'Supernatural': Who Would Win a Soulless Sam vs. Demon Dean Battle? Jared Padalecki Weighs in!
- More From BuddyTV
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti to Lead Showtime Drama Pilot Billions
- Scorpion Sneak Peek: NCIS: LA's Hetty Helps Walter's Team Clean Up Nice
- TVLine Items: Jim Parsons Voicing Elf, Haven's WWE Reunion and More
- More From TVLine
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- 4 Tips for Posing Nearly Nude from 'America's Next Top Model'
- More From ET