[via The BooBerry Alarm Clock]
The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
If a young Julie Newmar is a robot, is she the first fem-bot? I suppose in many ways she's a sex toy ahead of her time.
I like the concepts behind Alternative 3 (a documentary about a group of people who have abandoned the planet Earth as a lost cause) and The Ultimate Imposter (an agent with a chip in his head to give him a different personality each week). I see elements of the latter in Joss Whedon's new series Dollhouse.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- 'Castle' Recap: A Talent Show for the Ages
- 'The Voice' Knockouts Night 3 Recap: Who Does Christina Steal?
- 'The Following' Recap: There's a New Deadly Student in Town
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- More From BuddyTV
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- FLASHBACK: 22-Year-Old Celine Dion Admires Madonna, Mariah and Whitney
- 'DWTS' Season 20: Week 3 Heats Up With Latin Night!
- Will Zayn Malik's Solo Album Be Released by Simon Cowell's Label?
- Debby Ryan Debuts New Hair Color, Offers to Replace Zayn in One Direction
- Shawn Mendes on His 'Crazy' Fans, Debut Album and Celebrity Crush
- More From ET