The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
If a young Julie Newmar is a robot, is she the first fem-bot? I suppose in many ways she's a sex toy ahead of her time.
I like the concepts behind Alternative 3 (a documentary about a group of people who have abandoned the planet Earth as a lost cause) and The Ultimate Imposter (an agent with a chip in his head to give him a different personality each week). I see elements of the latter in Joss Whedon's new series Dollhouse.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Season 2 Finale Photos: Will the Mountain Men Win?
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Red is Sold to the Highest Bidder
- 'American Crime' Series Premiere Recap: A Murder Rocks Modesto
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Dr. Herman's Fate Is Revealed
- 'Scandal' Recap: Can Olivia Prevent a Race Riot?
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- As 'Blurred Lines' Trial Winds Down, Could Jury Turn Against Pharrell & Robin Thicke?
- Reese Witherspoon Posts Cute Photo of Baby Tennessee, Writes Sweet Message to Husband
- We Need to Discuss Lena Dunham's 'Scandal' Wig
- Was Jared Leto Really a Male Stripper?
- Harrison Ford Twice Rescued Lost Hikers in His Own Helicopter
- More From ET