Before getting to the funny, let's take a moment to think about Jack and Liz's relationship. 30 Rock wisely shifted their relationship from being one of corporate tycoon bossman versus sympathetic creative type to one of reluctant mentor and mentee. This episode, however, took the relationship to another level.
1. When you have to break bad news to someone, fake them out with something cute or distracting first. Whoa, holy crap, what's that? A baby panda sneezing!
2. Name your fists. St. Michael and St. Patrick. Tip O'Neill and Bobby Sands. Bono and Sandra O'Connor. Whatever works.
3. Catholicism, while it comes with the confession thing, also comes with crushing, crushing guilt. You could be eating tacos alone in a park, and boom, there's the guilt. As someone raised by an Irish Catholic family with more than one priest in its ranks and educated at Catholic schools, let me personally confirm that one. I feel guilty right now... for no apparent reason. It's just there - always crushing.
This episode didn't reach the farcical highs of "Black Tie." It was more standard sitcom fare than goofy bliss, but it wasn't bad. How wrong can you go cataloging Tracy's possible religious options, meeting Jack's family and seeing Liz embrace her role as the decider?
Brian Williams and Tina Fey are old friends, and that's why he decided to take part in last week's episode of 30 Rock, which showed Kenneth cleaning up Williams' (supposedly) office. Besides all the empty booze bottles and porn scattered around the office, the words "Katie Couric Sucks" was written on the office wall.
But the NBC Nightly News anchor says that when Fey showed him the script weeks before the episode was filmed, the "Katie Couric Sucks" part wasn't in it. He was kinda shocked by it, and wants to make sure everyone knows that he likes Katie and does not, repeat, does not think that Katie sucks in any way, shape, or form.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Recap: Stop Dragon Her Heart Around
- Downton Abbey Boss, Cast on Movie Hopes, Unexpected Season 6 Renewal
- Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2
- Game of Thrones Casts Ian McShane in Season 6 Mystery Role
- PBS Announces Premiere Date for Downton Abbey's Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Prince William & Queen Elizabeth Look Regal in Newly Released Portraits
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Scores Highest Opening Numbers in Franchise History
- Dave Grohl Responds After 1,000 Musicians Play Foo Fighters Song in Unison, Plus 5 More Reasons Why He's Awesome
- Valerie Harper Replaced in 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' Following Hospital Stay
- Channing Tatum Closes Deal to Star in 'Gambit' Despite Rumors
- More From ET