Before getting to the funny, let's take a moment to think about Jack and Liz's relationship. 30 Rock wisely shifted their relationship from being one of corporate tycoon bossman versus sympathetic creative type to one of reluctant mentor and mentee. This episode, however, took the relationship to another level.
1. When you have to break bad news to someone, fake them out with something cute or distracting first. Whoa, holy crap, what's that? A baby panda sneezing!
2. Name your fists. St. Michael and St. Patrick. Tip O'Neill and Bobby Sands. Bono and Sandra O'Connor. Whatever works.
3. Catholicism, while it comes with the confession thing, also comes with crushing, crushing guilt. You could be eating tacos alone in a park, and boom, there's the guilt. As someone raised by an Irish Catholic family with more than one priest in its ranks and educated at Catholic schools, let me personally confirm that one. I feel guilty right now... for no apparent reason. It's just there - always crushing.
This episode didn't reach the farcical highs of "Black Tie." It was more standard sitcom fare than goofy bliss, but it wasn't bad. How wrong can you go cataloging Tracy's possible religious options, meeting Jack's family and seeing Liz embrace her role as the decider?
Brian Williams and Tina Fey are old friends, and that's why he decided to take part in last week's episode of 30 Rock, which showed Kenneth cleaning up Williams' (supposedly) office. Besides all the empty booze bottles and porn scattered around the office, the words "Katie Couric Sucks" was written on the office wall.
But the NBC Nightly News anchor says that when Fey showed him the script weeks before the episode was filmed, the "Katie Couric Sucks" part wasn't in it. He was kinda shocked by it, and wants to make sure everyone knows that he likes Katie and does not, repeat, does not think that Katie sucks in any way, shape, or form.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Arrow' Interview: Willa Holland on Thea's Unusual Relationship with Malcolm, Love for Roy and New 'Kick-Ass Attitude'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Supernatural' Mystery: Who Is the Red-Headed Woman?
- More From BuddyTV
- Port Charles' Marie Wilson Joins Days as a Woman From [Spoiler]'s Past
- Grimm's David Giuntoli on Whether a Normal Nick Can Leave the Fractured Fairy Tales Behind
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- MasterChef Junior Preview Video: 'No Wonder These Kids Curse Brilliantly'
- More From TVLine