Before getting to the funny, let's take a moment to think about Jack and Liz's relationship. 30 Rock wisely shifted their relationship from being one of corporate tycoon bossman versus sympathetic creative type to one of reluctant mentor and mentee. This episode, however, took the relationship to another level.
1. When you have to break bad news to someone, fake them out with something cute or distracting first. Whoa, holy crap, what's that? A baby panda sneezing!
2. Name your fists. St. Michael and St. Patrick. Tip O'Neill and Bobby Sands. Bono and Sandra O'Connor. Whatever works.
3. Catholicism, while it comes with the confession thing, also comes with crushing, crushing guilt. You could be eating tacos alone in a park, and boom, there's the guilt. As someone raised by an Irish Catholic family with more than one priest in its ranks and educated at Catholic schools, let me personally confirm that one. I feel guilty right now... for no apparent reason. It's just there - always crushing.
This episode didn't reach the farcical highs of "Black Tie." It was more standard sitcom fare than goofy bliss, but it wasn't bad. How wrong can you go cataloging Tracy's possible religious options, meeting Jack's family and seeing Liz embrace her role as the decider?
Brian Williams and Tina Fey are old friends, and that's why he decided to take part in last week's episode of 30 Rock, which showed Kenneth cleaning up Williams' (supposedly) office. Besides all the empty booze bottles and porn scattered around the office, the words "Katie Couric Sucks" was written on the office wall.
But the NBC Nightly News anchor says that when Fey showed him the script weeks before the episode was filmed, the "Katie Couric Sucks" part wasn't in it. He was kinda shocked by it, and wants to make sure everyone knows that he likes Katie and does not, repeat, does not think that Katie sucks in any way, shape, or form.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- 15 Beloved Characters We Lost on 'Supernatural'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'The World Has Turned and Left Me Here'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- Bob's Burgers Sneak Peek: Tina Tries to Scare Up a Halloween Date
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Terry (and Terry) Learn All About 'Silent Disco'
- Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
- More From TVLine
- Katy Perry Officially Won Halloween – Don't Even Try to Beat Her Flamin' Hot Cheeto Costume
- Starbucks Will Soon Begin Delivering Coffee!
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Freaky 'Frankenstein' Makeover
- Get Chloe Moretz's Casual-Chic Airport Style!
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- More From ET