Before getting to the funny, let's take a moment to think about Jack and Liz's relationship. 30 Rock wisely shifted their relationship from being one of corporate tycoon bossman versus sympathetic creative type to one of reluctant mentor and mentee. This episode, however, took the relationship to another level.
1. When you have to break bad news to someone, fake them out with something cute or distracting first. Whoa, holy crap, what's that? A baby panda sneezing!
2. Name your fists. St. Michael and St. Patrick. Tip O'Neill and Bobby Sands. Bono and Sandra O'Connor. Whatever works.
3. Catholicism, while it comes with the confession thing, also comes with crushing, crushing guilt. You could be eating tacos alone in a park, and boom, there's the guilt. As someone raised by an Irish Catholic family with more than one priest in its ranks and educated at Catholic schools, let me personally confirm that one. I feel guilty right now... for no apparent reason. It's just there - always crushing.
This episode didn't reach the farcical highs of "Black Tie." It was more standard sitcom fare than goofy bliss, but it wasn't bad. How wrong can you go cataloging Tracy's possible religious options, meeting Jack's family and seeing Liz embrace her role as the decider?
Brian Williams and Tina Fey are old friends, and that's why he decided to take part in last week's episode of 30 Rock, which showed Kenneth cleaning up Williams' (supposedly) office. Besides all the empty booze bottles and porn scattered around the office, the words "Katie Couric Sucks" was written on the office wall.
But the NBC Nightly News anchor says that when Fey showed him the script weeks before the episode was filmed, the "Katie Couric Sucks" part wasn't in it. He was kinda shocked by it, and wants to make sure everyone knows that he likes Katie and does not, repeat, does not think that Katie sucks in any way, shape, or form.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Vanessa Williams 'had to be there' for Cicely Tyson
- TV Ratings: 'Grimm,''Enlisted' rise while 'Hannibal,''Shark Tank' fall
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Steve Thompson, Phil Ford confirmed as writers
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- Rachel Boston Talks Finding Love in Hallmark Channel's A Ring By Spring
- True Detective's 9 Most Profound Pieces of Wisdom, As Told By Cats
- More From TVLine