Before getting to the funny, let's take a moment to think about Jack and Liz's relationship. 30 Rock wisely shifted their relationship from being one of corporate tycoon bossman versus sympathetic creative type to one of reluctant mentor and mentee. This episode, however, took the relationship to another level.
1. When you have to break bad news to someone, fake them out with something cute or distracting first. Whoa, holy crap, what's that? A baby panda sneezing!
2. Name your fists. St. Michael and St. Patrick. Tip O'Neill and Bobby Sands. Bono and Sandra O'Connor. Whatever works.
3. Catholicism, while it comes with the confession thing, also comes with crushing, crushing guilt. You could be eating tacos alone in a park, and boom, there's the guilt. As someone raised by an Irish Catholic family with more than one priest in its ranks and educated at Catholic schools, let me personally confirm that one. I feel guilty right now... for no apparent reason. It's just there - always crushing.
This episode didn't reach the farcical highs of "Black Tie." It was more standard sitcom fare than goofy bliss, but it wasn't bad. How wrong can you go cataloging Tracy's possible religious options, meeting Jack's family and seeing Liz embrace her role as the decider?
Brian Williams and Tina Fey are old friends, and that's why he decided to take part in last week's episode of 30 Rock, which showed Kenneth cleaning up Williams' (supposedly) office. Besides all the empty booze bottles and porn scattered around the office, the words "Katie Couric Sucks" was written on the office wall.
But the NBC Nightly News anchor says that when Fey showed him the script weeks before the episode was filmed, the "Katie Couric Sucks" part wasn't in it. He was kinda shocked by it, and wants to make sure everyone knows that he likes Katie and does not, repeat, does not think that Katie sucks in any way, shape, or form.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Law and Order: SVU' Season 15: Mariska Hargitay signs on to continue as Olivia Benson
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3 finale - 'Development Arrested'
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- More From Zap2it
- Performer of the Week: Tatiana Maslany
- Mariska Hargitay Returning for Law & Order: SVU Season 15 After Closing New Deal
- LOL Video: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro Reunite for Fresh Prince Theme, Carlton's 'Unusual' Dance
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- More From TVLine