Before getting to the funny, let's take a moment to think about Jack and Liz's relationship. 30 Rock wisely shifted their relationship from being one of corporate tycoon bossman versus sympathetic creative type to one of reluctant mentor and mentee. This episode, however, took the relationship to another level.
1. When you have to break bad news to someone, fake them out with something cute or distracting first. Whoa, holy crap, what's that? A baby panda sneezing!
2. Name your fists. St. Michael and St. Patrick. Tip O'Neill and Bobby Sands. Bono and Sandra O'Connor. Whatever works.
3. Catholicism, while it comes with the confession thing, also comes with crushing, crushing guilt. You could be eating tacos alone in a park, and boom, there's the guilt. As someone raised by an Irish Catholic family with more than one priest in its ranks and educated at Catholic schools, let me personally confirm that one. I feel guilty right now... for no apparent reason. It's just there - always crushing.
This episode didn't reach the farcical highs of "Black Tie." It was more standard sitcom fare than goofy bliss, but it wasn't bad. How wrong can you go cataloging Tracy's possible religious options, meeting Jack's family and seeing Liz embrace her role as the decider?
Brian Williams and Tina Fey are old friends, and that's why he decided to take part in last week's episode of 30 Rock, which showed Kenneth cleaning up Williams' (supposedly) office. Besides all the empty booze bottles and porn scattered around the office, the words "Katie Couric Sucks" was written on the office wall.
But the NBC Nightly News anchor says that when Fey showed him the script weeks before the episode was filmed, the "Katie Couric Sucks" part wasn't in it. He was kinda shocked by it, and wants to make sure everyone knows that he likes Katie and does not, repeat, does not think that Katie sucks in any way, shape, or form.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'NCIS' Recap: Gibbs Tackles a Cold Case
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Do the Candy Apples Finally Beat the ALDC?
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- Forever Creator: Abigail's Fate Will Be Resolved by Season's End
- Younger: Is TV Land's Sutton Foster Comedy Already Growing on You?
- Finding Carter Season Premiere Recap: Egg-citing New Developments
- Weird Loners: Will You Keep the Fox Comedy Company on Tuesday Nights?
- More From TVLine
- Legendary Singer Joni Mitchell Hospitalized
- Jamie Dornan Stalked a Woman as Research to Play a Serial Killer
- Andrew Getty, Grandson of J. Paul Getty, Found Dead at 47
- The 9 Most Insane Things That Happen in the New 'Mad Max' Trailer
- Angelina Jolie: 'What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger'
- More From ET