The Front Runners: 'Dexter,' 'House,' 'In Treatment' and 'True Blood,' all nominated last year, have a strong likelihood of returning.
The Front Runners: Besides '30 Rock,' which won last year, the class of 2009 nominees -- 'The Office,' 'Californication,' 'Entourage' and 'Weeds' -- all have the inside track on a return to the Globes ceremony this year.
This year, however, there didn't seem to be as many strong roles for women on TV's comedy and drama series. The Golden Globe TV races in the Best Actress categories are especially tight this year, and few newcomers will be jockeying with veterans for the five nominations in each category that will be announced on Dec. 15.
As if lack of a huge ceremony would stop us from chiming in with our own choices in the television categories. Continue on below to see some of our writers' thoughts on the nominees, their picks for winners and some polls for you to voice your own choices.
Feel free to click through all our predictions. To begin, just click "see our predictions," below.
Alternatively, click on the box for each award and read the posts in the order you choose. Enjoy!
The Golden Globes: the award season's equivalent to a Roman orgy (tastefully done, of course). No seat-holders, plenty of food and libations, and no cue-card written, inane banter between presenters. Most importantly the Globes only present awards to the actors, directors and writers and leave the accolades for best costuming, makeup, and gaffing to the Oscars.
What I like most about the Golden Globes, and subsequently the Screen Actors Guild and People's Choice Awards (the Wal-Mart of awards shows), is that they recognize both television and movies, which makes it interesting for fans of both types of media. If you're not a big movie fan then you don't have to wait too long to see who wins a television category. As I write for . . . ahem . . . TV Squad, my interests tend to lean in favor of the big video box. This is especially true when it comes to television comedies.
With that being said, my
in-depth five-minute analysis of the nominees for best comedy can be found after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi Collars Brooklyn Nine-Nine Guest Stint
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- Exorcism: Live! Is Coming to Your TV
- Ratings: Big Brother Tops Night, Extant Holds Steady
- Throwback Thursday: 12 Memorable Sons of Anarchy Episodes to Revisit
- More From TVLine
- Why Do Strong Female Characters in 'Mission: Impossible' Movies Keep Disappearing?
- Khloe Kardashian Explains Why She's Never Gotten a Boob Job — But Wants One
- Kelly Ripa Breaks Her Foot at Dance Class: It 'Sounded Like Bubble Wrap'
- Star Sightings July 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, 'It Doesn't Look Good,' Source Says
- More From ET