You remember the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies, don't you? It tells the story of how poor mountain man Jed Clampett was out looking to shoot himself some dinner when he came upon some bubblin' crude. Well, before you knew it Jed was a millionaire ($25 million, to be exact). Of course, that was back in 1962.
Today, old Jed is worth about $11 billion dollars! That's according to Forbes' list of the 15 wealthiest fictional characters according to today's real-world commodity and share markets. The Clampett patriarch is listed fifth on the list, between Futurama's Mom ($15.7 billion) and The Simpsons' C. Montgomery Burns ($8.4 billion). Number one of the list is Ducktales' Scrooge McDuck, who is worth a whopping $29 billion! Man, what I wouldn't do to be one of his nephews.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- More From TVLine