You remember the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies, don't you? It tells the story of how poor mountain man Jed Clampett was out looking to shoot himself some dinner when he came upon some bubblin' crude. Well, before you knew it Jed was a millionaire ($25 million, to be exact). Of course, that was back in 1962.
Today, old Jed is worth about $11 billion dollars! That's according to Forbes' list of the 15 wealthiest fictional characters according to today's real-world commodity and share markets. The Clampett patriarch is listed fifth on the list, between Futurama's Mom ($15.7 billion) and The Simpsons' C. Montgomery Burns ($8.4 billion). Number one of the list is Ducktales' Scrooge McDuck, who is worth a whopping $29 billion! Man, what I wouldn't do to be one of his nephews.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal: Dan Bucatinsky, Kate Burton Returning Later This Season
- Samantha Bee Exits The Daily Show to Headline Her Own TBS Series
- Glee Series Finale Photos: Klaine's Future, Rachel's Big Win and More
- Pilot News: Peter Gallagher Joins Fox's Collegiate Comedy Detour
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More
- More From TVLine
- Oasis' Noel Gallagher Bashes Taylor Swift, But Isn't Bothered By Harry Styles
- Here's What It's Like To Ride The Worlds Tallest Giga Coaster
- Kate Middleton Is Heading to 'Downton Abbey'!
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Kim Zolciak's Waist Is Tinier Than Cinderella's Thanks to Waist Training
- More From ET