You remember the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies, don't you? It tells the story of how poor mountain man Jed Clampett was out looking to shoot himself some dinner when he came upon some bubblin' crude. Well, before you knew it Jed was a millionaire ($25 million, to be exact). Of course, that was back in 1962.
Today, old Jed is worth about $11 billion dollars! That's according to Forbes' list of the 15 wealthiest fictional characters according to today's real-world commodity and share markets. The Clampett patriarch is listed fifth on the list, between Futurama's Mom ($15.7 billion) and The Simpsons' C. Montgomery Burns ($8.4 billion). Number one of the list is Ducktales' Scrooge McDuck, who is worth a whopping $29 billion! Man, what I wouldn't do to be one of his nephews.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Recap: I Love It When a Clan Comes Together
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets
- Looking Finds Season 2 Gigs for Crossbones Co-Star, Late Night Comic
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Finding Carter and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- More From TVLine