You remember the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies, don't you? It tells the story of how poor mountain man Jed Clampett was out looking to shoot himself some dinner when he came upon some bubblin' crude. Well, before you knew it Jed was a millionaire ($25 million, to be exact). Of course, that was back in 1962.
Today, old Jed is worth about $11 billion dollars! That's according to Forbes' list of the 15 wealthiest fictional characters according to today's real-world commodity and share markets. The Clampett patriarch is listed fifth on the list, between Futurama's Mom ($15.7 billion) and The Simpsons' C. Montgomery Burns ($8.4 billion). Number one of the list is Ducktales' Scrooge McDuck, who is worth a whopping $29 billion! Man, what I wouldn't do to be one of his nephews.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- Meet the Top 10 of 'Last Comic Standing' Season 9
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 9: Austin's HoH Photos
- Married Couple Alexa Vega and Carlos Pena, Jr. Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Faith'
- More From BuddyTV
- Julie Benz Joins Hawaii Five-0 as SFPD Cop/Romantic Interest for [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Michelle Pfeiffer on HBO, Hemlock Grove Return Date and More
- Scorpion First Look: Walter and Paige Get Close in Season 2 Premiere Photos
- Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Casey Faces Down the Barrel of a Gun
- Baby Daddy Season 5: The Lying Game's Allie Gonino to Recur as Ben's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine
- Julianne Hough Shows Off Her Engagement Sparkler at Taylor Swift's LA Concert
- Lucy Liu Welcomes Baby Boy Via Surrogate
- Before Kanye West Accepts His Video Vanguard Award, Let's Look Back at His (Multiple) VMAs Meltdowns
- Judge Joe Brown Begins Jail Sentence for Contempt of Court Charge
- Cute & Affordable Celebrity-Inspired Looks for Summer
- More From ET