"They were wildly difference," Cutler explained. "I always tell people they're the comparative model vs. the cooperative model."
"The Rolling Stones -- super competitive, want to be number one, want to have huge albums, want to be famous, want to have their pictures everywhere," Cutler continued. "The Grateful Dead -- cooperative, they didn't really care about the media. I think the Grateful Dead somehow captured the zeitgeist of the 60s and 70, of that generation who were looking for fresh versions what constituted liberty and freedom."
Thanksgiving is coming and for many of us it's time to eat, drink and watch football. It's also a time to reflect on the things you're grateful for and since TV Squad is all about television, here's what I'm grateful for this holiday season, with regard to the tube.
Mad Men season finale
There was really nothing as satisfying in the entire year for me. Matt Weiner promised a game-changing episode and he delivered it with a whopper of a wrap up. Actually, nothing was really wrapped; it was more like the cards have been dealt and we're still waiting to see how the hands are played.
Justin Berfield, who played the dumb but lovable brother Reese on Malcolm in the Middle, has secured the rights through his production company J2 Pictures to make a film about the life of Grateful Dead singer and guitarist Jerry Garcia, who passed away in 1995.
Whatever your opinion is of guitar jams that last seven hours, one can't deny that Garcia is a musical icon. Berfield insists they're approaching the project carefully to find the right director for the film and the right person to play Garcia. Berfield claims they've already talked to one actor, but he's not saying who it is. Hell, they could always just create a CGI actor for the role (that's Computerized Garcia Image).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan Sprayberry Talks More Comedy for Liam in Season 5
- 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer on Cheating Husband: He's 'Dead' to Me
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Takes a Trip Down Memory Lane
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: A Happy Couple and a Broken Heart
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- More From BuddyTV
- Is Taylor Swift a Mean Girl? Grizzly Bear Frontman Slams Her on Twitter
- Kanye West Drops Mic, Walks Off Stage at Pan Am Games Closing Ceremony
- BFFs? Justin Bieber and Ruby Rose Compare Arm Tattoos Over a Cozy Dinner
- Ashlee Simpson's Husband Evan Ross Shares Intimate Wedding Photos
- Kim Kardashian Gets Defensive With Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Bash Us On Your Way Up'
- More From ET