"They were wildly difference," Cutler explained. "I always tell people they're the comparative model vs. the cooperative model."
"The Rolling Stones -- super competitive, want to be number one, want to have huge albums, want to be famous, want to have their pictures everywhere," Cutler continued. "The Grateful Dead -- cooperative, they didn't really care about the media. I think the Grateful Dead somehow captured the zeitgeist of the 60s and 70, of that generation who were looking for fresh versions what constituted liberty and freedom."
Thanksgiving is coming and for many of us it's time to eat, drink and watch football. It's also a time to reflect on the things you're grateful for and since TV Squad is all about television, here's what I'm grateful for this holiday season, with regard to the tube.
Mad Men season finale
There was really nothing as satisfying in the entire year for me. Matt Weiner promised a game-changing episode and he delivered it with a whopper of a wrap up. Actually, nothing was really wrapped; it was more like the cards have been dealt and we're still waiting to see how the hands are played.
Justin Berfield, who played the dumb but lovable brother Reese on Malcolm in the Middle, has secured the rights through his production company J2 Pictures to make a film about the life of Grateful Dead singer and guitarist Jerry Garcia, who passed away in 1995.
Whatever your opinion is of guitar jams that last seven hours, one can't deny that Garcia is a musical icon. Berfield insists they're approaching the project carefully to find the right director for the film and the right person to play Garcia. Berfield claims they've already talked to one actor, but he's not saying who it is. Hell, they could always just create a CGI actor for the role (that's Computerized Garcia Image).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- TLC 'Reassessing' Future of 'Honey Boo Boo' After Child Molestation Allegations Surface
- More From ET