"My nephew is obsessed with these things right now," said Reynolds. "That's sort of a bigger win in the long run." He also got to play on high wires to simulate flying, which Reynolds said sometimes propelled him at speeds of 60 feet per second. "It was really interesting, and really terrifying at first, but then I got into it," he said.
Thought the stunts might have scared Reynolds, he kept his nieces and nephews in mind as motivation, thinking about how excited they were about the film. A Green Lantern fan might say it gave him the sheer force of will.
"In the comic, she turns into a villain at one point, so that would be the best," said Lively. "It was great because normally these women are the damsels in distress, but she's a strong woman and she's always challenging him and they're always going head-to-head."
She even had the Green Lantern's Oath down and corrected Matt Lauer, who traded lines with her when he challenged her to recite it, ending in a big geek high-five.
The show stars 'Shield' and 'Fantastic Four' vet Michael Chiklis as the head of a super-powered family. Benz will co-star as Chiklis' wife, a sexy scientist who develops super speed (the power, not the drug).
Despite the drab title, 'No Ordinary Family' is shaping up to be a must-see. Chiklis and Benz are two of TV's top actors, and the pilot is the brainchild of producer Greg Berlanti, a guy who knows a thing or two about creating compelling family drama (see 'Everwood', 'Dirty Sexy Money', 'Brothers & Sisters').
This nerdtastic fan-created Green Lantern movie trailer made my morning. The idea of Nathan Fillion filling out the green tights is inspired, but the fun doesn't stop there. DC Comics fans will notice this thing features cameos from some of their favorite Green Lantern Corps members. (I think I saw Kilowog in there). Plus it's fun trying to name the movies/TV shows the videomaker pulled from to create his vision. It features a good chunk from the Star Trek trailer, as well as some scenes from Firefly and probably every Nathan Fillion movie ever made.
Even when I was a little kid, there were some things about the Super Friends (or Superfriends or Superamigos, or whatever they were calling it) that didn't sit right with me. Maybe it was because the confluence of superpowers all in one place just boggled my young mind. Maybe it was the mysterious change from Wendy and Marvin to the Wonder Twins that made me scratch my tiny noggin. Not sure. But those mysteries continue to fascinate me, even into adulthood. It's just that those mysteries are more sophisticated:
1. How did the Super Friends have time to hang out at the Hall of Justice? Every one of the SFs lived in different parts of the country: Batman and Robin were in Gotham City, for instance. So, did B&R commute from Gotham to Metropolis a few times per week? Did they use the Bat Plane or the Batmobile most of the time? Did they claim the mileage on their taxes?
Do not adjust your web browser. You are now entering the Retro Squad, where we are reviewing past episodes of classic TV shows.
Welcome Back to TVSBTTHB (TV Squad Behind the True Hollywood Biography). For over a decade the team known as the Super Friends traveled the world, and the galaxy, to right the wrongs wrought by such villains as the Legion of Doom and Darkseid. But, by the mid-1980s, their services were no longer needed by the public, who watched many of their adventures on television. It was then that these heroes faded away.
So, what happened to them? Being the show that looks under every rock and inside every dumpster, TVSBTTHB was able to obtain information on all of the Super Friends: major, minor and 'what the hell are they doing on the team?'. Some of their stories are heartbreaking, others heartwarming, and the rest are just "meh." Yet, they are all fascinating and provide an extra layer of complexity to the already complicated lives of these superhumans.
Now, let's turn our attention to Superman, Batman, El Dorado, and the rest of the Super Friends.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 4 Photos: The Calm Before the Crazy Storm
- 'Mistresses' Season 2 Finale Photos: Can Daniel Keep April and Lucy Safe?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 8: Frankie's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 17 Moments: Questions and Answers from 'No One Here Can Love or Understand Me'
- 'Suits' Interview: Rick Hoffman on Louis 'In Dire Straits' after Leaving Pearson Specter
- More From BuddyTV
- AHS: Freak Show Sets October Premiere — Plus: New Plot Details!
- True Blood Finale Poll: Once and for All, Does Sookie Belong With Bill or Eric?
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Nurse Jackie Season 7 in Recurring Role
- NCIS: LA Boss Hints at Plan to Be 'As Noisy As We Can Be' in New Time Slot
- NBC Cancels Working the Engels
- More From TVLine
- FIRST LOOK: The 'True Blood' Series Finale
- Sir Mix-A-Lot Responds to Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Video
- Saved by the Bell: 25 GIFs to Celebrate Why We're Still Obsessed with Bayside!
- Jackie Chan on Son's Drug Arrest: 'I'm Very Ashamed'
- Hayden Panettiere Confirms Her Pregnancy With Her ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- More From ET