'Lost' Vet Terry O'Quinn Joins 'Hawaii Five-0,' Scott Foley Books 'True Blood' Role & More Casting News
According to Entertainment Weekly, O'Quinn will joined his 'Lost' buddy Daniel Dae Kim for the second season of 'Hawaii Five-0.' The role will be recurring.
The actor otherwise known as John Locke will play a Navy Seal commander who trained McGarrett (Alex O'Loughlin) and served with his father in Vietnam.
TVLine reports O'Quinn's character may hold some answers to solving the murders of McGarrett's mother and father.
No word on the exact amount of episodes O'Quinn will appear in.
In other casting news ...
According to Deadline, the series' fourth season debut was seen by 7.7 million viewers, a staggering number compared to the less than 2 million viewers the show was bringing in while on The CW. Season 4 ended with an audience of around 4.4 million viewers.
BET is also expected to renew 'Let's Stay Together' and announce a series pickup for 'Reed Between the Lines.' Former 'Girlfriends' actress Tracee Ellis Ross stars in 'Reed' as a busy psychiatrist. Malcolm-Jamal Warner also stars.
In other TV news ...
• Logo has renewed 'RuPaul's Drag Race.' The companion series 'Untucked: RuPaul's Drag Race' and 'The A-List: New York' have also been renewed. The network has ordered two new shows, 'The A-List: Dallas' and 'Sex Rx.' 'A-List: Dallas' comes from the producers of 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' and 'Sex Rx' follows sex addiction specialist Christopher Donaghue. [Deadline]
• Dog of 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' fame bailed out Nic Cage from a New Orleans jail. "I performed my duties as a bail bondsman and not in connection with our show. This is what I do for a living," Dog said in a statement. "There are two sides of my job: I release my clients after they have been arrested; and pick them up if they don't show up in court. I do not believe the latter will be the case for Mr. Cage." [E! Online]
• Mariah Carey may have "something" to do on 'The X Factor,' but she won't be a judge. Simon Cowell revealed details during an interview: "I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows," he told Jackie Brown. "I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with. She'll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits." [CBS News]
Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good show. An entertaining hour. But it's also an hour that is filled with so many obvious flaws that can't be overlooked.
I will guess that a lot of people think that the reason why we have another cable drama set in the world of advertising is because of the success of AMC's Mad Men. And while the honors that the 60s-based show probably gave TNT execs an extra reason to look at Trust Me and put its production into overdrive, the show has actually been in the works for a while.
The comparisons are going to come though. The shows are very different. Judging from the first two episodes, they're not only different in setting (2009 Chicago vs. 1960 NYC) and tone (faster paced, with more obvious humor than Mad Men), they're not really going for anything deep or tackling any big issues.
My first thought when I heard about TNT's Truth In Advertising, which has just received the go ahead for 13 episodes, was "oh, they're just doing that because of the critical success of Mad Men." And who knows, that might be true, but this show by itself sounds awfully intriguing.
I mean, come on, look at this cast: Eric McCormack (Will and Grace), Tom Cavanagh (Ed, Eli Stone), Sarah Clarke (24), Monica Potter (Boston Legal), and Griffin Dunne (Law and Order: CI, 3 lbs.). And it's from the same people who bring us The Closer, so you know it's going to be of some quality. And it's really great to see Cavanagh and McCormack back on weekly TV again (oh, when oh when is Ed coming to DVD?).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'Resurrection' Recap: What Secret Does Margaret Know?
- 'Once Upon a Time': 5 Questions about the Snow Queen
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET