Hallmark Hall of Fame
According to Variety, the film franchise's flicks will air Sunday nights on ABC, then will begin re-airing on the Hallmark Channel a week later.
CBS ended its 16-year partnership with Hallmark in May after the network wouldn't agree to a three-films-per-year deal. The most recent installments on CBS boasted names such as Betty White, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Treat Williams and Emily VanCamp.
The first Hallmark Hall of Fame movie for ABC will be an adaptation of Mitch Albom's 'Have a Little Faith.' The movie stars Laurence Fishburne, Bradley Whitford and Martin Landau and will air in late November.
According to Variety, CBS and Hallmark Hall of Fame had a deal for three TV movies a year. CBS wanted a deal to air films on an ad-hoc basis, but Hallmark passed and is currently looking for a new network home.
"This is a partnership that has served CBS very well for many years," a network spokesman told Variety. "Hallmark Hall of Fame is a first-class organization, and we wish them nothing but success in their future."
'The Lost Valentine' (Sun., 9PM on CBS) is a Hallmark Hall of Fame film where Caroline's story touches the heart of another woman, Susan Allison.
The film featured Betty White as Caroline and Jennifer Love Hewitt as Susan, the reporter who wanted to write about this woman's annual visits to the train station. However, once she was involved she began to to work vigorously on Caroline's behalf with the US Government to try and find out what happened to her husband, who was declared MIA during World War II.
In the movie, a little girl is deathly ill, and her family begins to fear she may not make it to the Christmas season. Her story touches first the life of a nearby farmer, Jess Sanford (played by Sam Elliott), and ultimately their entire community. So much so that after a particularly worrisome trip to the hospital a full month before the holidays, everyone comes together to ensure Vanessa (Emily Alyn Lind) can have her Christmas.
Jess goes to visit her in the hospital, where she worries about missing Christmas at home. "I don't like it here," she says. "I don't want to be here for Christmas."
Variety reports she'll star in an Emmy-friendly tale of riches to rags to redemption called "When Love is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story." Ryder will play the wife of "Bill W." -- the legendary co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (played by Barry Pepper). Mrs. Wilson was also a formidable figure in the annals of recovery, having founded Al-Anon in the 1950s.
You won't find a better TV movie on HBO or CBS or Hallmark Channel or anywhere else on the dial -- Lifetime set the bar high with this expansive biopic and then delivered the goods. Forget your idea of what a Lifetime movie is -- Coco Chanel is no victim of the week. If the intent was re-branding Lifetime movies with this effort, the cable net has hit it out of the park.
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Boots Randolph: He was a renowned sax player best known for his early 60s hit "Yakety Sax," which was later used as the theme song on Benny Hill. Randolph recorded dozens of albums and played in many bands, and was part of the Million Dollar Band on Hee-Haw for many years. He died after suffering a brain aneurysm and falling into a coma two weeks ago. He was 80.
Here are the weekly TV ratings, by number of viewers.
1. American Idol - Weds (FOX)
2. American Idol - Tues (FOX)
3. House (FOX)
4. Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
5. Dancing with the Stars - Mon (ABC)
6. Dancing with the Stars - Results (ABC)
7. Desperate Housewives (ABC)
8. CSI: Miami (CBS)
9. Survivor (CBS)
10. Two and a Half Men (CBS)
11. Shark (CBS)
12. CSI (CBS)
13. King of Queens (CBS)
14. Lost (ABC)
15. Extreme Makeover (ABC)
16. 24 (FOX)
17. CSI: NY (CBS)
18. NCIS (CBS)
19. Deal Or No Deal - Mon (NBC)
20. Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie (CBS)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Star-Crossed': Jesse Luken on Eric's Evolution and Friendship with Grayson
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- [Video] 'Teen Wolf' Spoilers: Can Stiles Be Saved?
- [Video] 'Intelligence' Sneak Peek: Chemical Attack Threatens a Loved One
- [Video] 'The Following' Sneak Peek: Ryan's Investigation Shifts
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: Get your first look at Braavos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale: What did you think?
- TV ratings: 'Resurrection' opens strong for ABC Sunday, 'Cosmos' has OK premiere
- 'The Originals': Charles Michael Davis ships Mabekah (or Rebel, whatever you call it)
- HBO GO problems ruined 'True Detective' finale for everyone
- More From Zap2it
- 'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Parenthood, Scandal, B99, Once and Other Shows Are Faring
- Ratings: Resurrection Digs Up Big Numbers, Once and Revenge Return Up, Good Wife Down
- Reality Check: Is American Idol Season 13 in Trouble? Plus: Defending 'Harsh Harry' and Questioning Randy Jackson's 'Mentoring'
- The Normal Heart: Watch the First Teaser for HBO's Ryan Murphy-Directed AIDS Drama
- What to Watch: Bones Is Back on Monday, It's Time to Believe, Bachelor's Final Rose and More
- More From TVLine