August 1, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- 'Suits': 17 Soul-Crushing Moments from 'We're Done'
- 'Extant' Episode 5 Photos: Molly and Ethan in Trouble
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: Leno's Words of Wisdom
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 HoHs?
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Throw a Ball In Julia Roberts' Face
- Did Adrienne Bailon Just Throw Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape In the Mix?
- Was Pee-wee Herman Almost In 'Guardians of the Galaxy'?!
- Bikini-Clad Kim Kardashian Posts Beach Pics of Her and North West
- Kelly Rowland Reveals Her Favorite Post-Pregnancy Advice
- More From ET