July 24, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 16 Most Blood-Tingling Hookups from 'True Blood'
- '24' at Comic-Con 2014: Issues with Shooting in London, An Alternate Ending and a Movie Update
- ?So You Think You Can Dance? Season 11: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Next Stop...Radio City Music Hall!
- 'Graceland' Recap: Paige Goes Through Hell
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal's 'Randy' Season 4 Premiere Title: What Could It Possibly Mean?
- Legend of Korra Is Moving Online, But 'There Is Definitely a Book 4'
- Freak Show Adds All My Children Alum
- TVLine Items: Mayim's Candid, Conan Is Beheaded, Big Bang Status and More
- Ratings: Fresh Talent Boosts Taxi, Big Brother and SYTYCD Rise, Extant Falls
- More From TVLine
- Watch 'Big Brother' Star Frankie Grande Get the News His Grandpa Died
- Daniel Radcliffe on Losing His Virginity: I Had a Really Good First Time
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Dwayne Johnson Reveals His Hilarious Secret For Getting Ripped For 'Hercules'
- Justin Bieber Teases 11 New Songs On Instagram
- More From ET