February 1, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches!
- Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- More From TVLine
- J.K. Simmons Brings Out His Oscar-Nominated Character for 'SNL'
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Reportedly Placed on Ventilator, Drug Overdose Suspected (Updated)
- Justin Timberlake Is 'Getting the Greatest Gift Ever': A Baby
- Star Sightings
- Helen Mirren, Jerry Seinfeld & Tom Hanks Ride the Subway -- Just Like You
- More From ET