February 26, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'Backstrom' Recap: Backstrom Learns What His Future Holds
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Is It The End For Dr. Herman?
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
- More From TVLine
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' Finale: The Killer Revealed and 4 More Shocking Moments
- Gisele Bundchen's Wedding Day Was Even More Adorable Than You Imagine
- Jennifer Lawrence's Pajama Pants: 11 Deeply Reflective Questions They Bring to Mind
- Kanye West Breaks Down in Tears When Discussing the Loss of His Friend
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- More From ET