August 28, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.11 Photos: Winter Comes Early to Chester's Mill
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.10 Photos: Big Jim Finally Learns the Truth
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 HoH Competition?
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Donny vs. Nicole (Again) in the Week 9 Eviction
- More From BuddyTV
- Defiance Season 2 Finale Recap: Raiders of the Lost Ark-Brain
- Big Brother Recap: Same Old, Same Old
- Arrow Season 3 Casts Glee Alum as Felicity's [Spoiler]
- Fargo Breakout Allison Tolman Headed to Mindy Project for Arc? You Betcha!
- TBS' Ground Floor Gets Season 2 Premiere Date, New Time Slot
- More From TVLine