April 18, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Resident Evil'
- 'Scandal' Season 3: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Ugly, Ugly
- 'Glee' Episode 5.18 Photos: First Look at Guest Star Shirley MacLaine
- 'Scandal' Season 3 Finale Recap: Actions Have Consequences
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Finale Recap: The End of an Era
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Scandal Finale Draws Record Crowd
- Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: Can 'Captain' Rick and 'Cupcake' Kate Solve a '70s Murder?
- Scandal Bloopers? Jimmy Kimmel Has It Handled
- What to Watch Friday: Shark Tank's Vino Frenzy, Hannibal Regresses, Unforgettable and More
- Parenthood Finale Recap: Change is Good
- More From TVLine