April 24, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- TVLine Items: ER Doc Meets the Dome, Luke/Laura Reunion and More
- Scandal Blind Item: Olivia to Hire New Gladiator (It's Someone We've Met!)
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner, a Complete Timeline: From Olympic Gold Medalist to Reality Star
- How to Look Effortlessly Chic in a Jumpsuit Like Chrissy Teigen & Gwyneth Paltrow
- New 'Harry Potter' Fan Theory Suggests Maybe the Dursleys Weren't So Bad After All
- 8 Things Bruce Jenner Said About the Price of Fame, From 1976 to Now
- Chrissy Teigen Is Anti-Photoshop: 'We Forgot What Normal People Look Like Now'
- More From ET