The sitcom follows a couple, Sue (Ana Ortiz) and Pete (Cliff Chamberlain), who are overwhelmed by their three children on a regular basis. According to Deadline Hollywood, Marin has been tapped to play Sue's father.
Look for his character to be on a variety of pills and believe the kids deserve a good hit every once in a while.
In other TV news ...
• Watch out, Netflix. Amazon is reportedly developing a streaming service that would bundled with its Amazon Prime membership services. Sony and Microsoft are also looking into sending streaming content via video game systems. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Harry Hamlin is reprising his role on 'Army Wives.' Hamlin's Professor Chandler appeared in two episodes last season. [Deadline Hollywood]
• Dawn Olivieri will guest star on 'The Vampire Diaries.' Vampire fans may recognize Olivieri from her brief stint on 'True Blood' as Alcide's sister. On 'The Vampire Diaries,' the actress will play a Mystic Falls newscaster. [The Vault]
In the episode, Rinna will go under the knife to have her lips surgically reduced.
The actress had them altered back in the late '80s after she and a girlfriend saw an actress in a popular film with puffed up lips.
Is the surgery a success? At the risk of not providing a spoiler, the answer is as plain as the lips on Rinna's face. But definitely still tune in to see the journey.
Both actors are trying to revive their fading television careers. Lisa is considering surgery to reduce her cosmetically altered lips (which have made her the butt of many jokes). And during a recent appearance on 'Today,' the couple learned that their high-end clothing store was being robbed.
While on 'The Today Show.' Hamlin made a live phone call about the robbery, while Lisa said this was their fourth break-in. Bad luck! But on the new 'Harry Loves Lisa' (Wed., 10PM ET on TV Land), things get even worse.
So he tries stand-up comedy at The Improv in Hollywood. Hamlin tells the audience, "In 1976, I was offered the part of the boy in 'Equus.' ... [The director] says, 'I just can't cast you in it until I see your penis.'"
Hamlin says he dropped his pants. "His eyes go down to the main event. He says, 'Harry, you're brilliant! You've got the part.'" But opening night came, and the stage was "freezing..." Catch the rest of his routine in the video. Do you think he's funny?
Also, it helps that 'Harry Loves Lisa' (premieres Wed. Oct. 6, 10PM ET on TV Land) follows Harry's journey to get his career back on track, including the weirdest audition he's ever done -- which apparently "freaked everyone out."
I caught up with the couple to talk out about their marriage, which is successful by any measure, but especially by Hollywood standards. They also dished about which roles, after acting for so long, they're recognized for the most.
I also sit down with Tony Danza -- yep, he *IS* the freaking boss -- to hear about his smart new show 'Teach: Tony Danza,' which follows him as he teaches 10th grade English in Philadelphia for a year. He tells me how things have changed since he was in the 10th grade ...
Then I catch up with the latest Hollywood couple to get their own reality show, Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna, to talk about -- wait for it -- Snooki. Seriously.
Got questions? E-mail me TV questions at TheTVShowGirl@aol.com and I'll try to get you answers on the show. -- By Maggie Furlong
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the real-life 'Dancing With the Stars' couple will star in the new reality series 'Harry Loves Lisa,' airing on TV Land. The six-episode series will explore the couple's daily life, family and careers.
Executive produced by Jason Carbone (MTV's 'Run's House'), 'Harry Loves Lisa' will run in TV Land's fall PRIME original series block.
Rinna is known for her role as Billie Reed on 'Days of our Lives,' as well as playing Taylor McBride on the primetime soap 'Melrose Place.' She then transitioned to the host of SoapNet's 'Soap Talk.' Hamlin, meanwhile, is perhaps best known to TV fans as Michael Kuzak in 'L.A. Law.'
That's how the new TV Land series Harry Loves Lisa is being described. It stars real-life husband and wife Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna. Regardless of what they call it, you know exactly what it is: a reality show that's going to show the day to day lives of two Hollywood stars, because everyone in the world wants to know what Harry Hamlin eats for breakfast and what Lisa Rinna's dressing room is like. And still the network doesn't show The Dick Van Dyke Show.
You know what? You can't see The Dick Van Dyke Show on TV right now, but you can watch every episode at SlashControl. After the jump, one of my favorites.
(S01E01) Look, I'm going to just cut to the chase: You should be watching this show. Well, let me add a caveat to that. If you don't mind watching people get eviscerated, you should be watching this show. I put this on my DVR because it was new, but I didn't know much about it. Just watching the pilot, though, has got me totally hooked.
I love horror movies, and this is basically a thirteen-episode horror movie. It doesn't pull any punches either. Harper's Island isn't like most TV shows, where minor characters get killed off and the main cast always manages to survive: at least one character will be killed off each week. In the pilot episode, we had two deaths. Suffice it to say, they did not go quietly in their sleep.
Warning: Spoilers about who dies in the pilot are ahead.
Of course, one could argue that shows like Kidnapped and Daybreak were also shows that were designed for a limited run, but NBC and ABC didn't market those shows the way that CBS is marketing this one. The ads for Harper's Island make it very clear that it's only going to be on for a short time. In the TV ads, they're very specific about the dates the show will run (April 9 to July 2), and the people behind the show are calling it "an event." It's a smart way to do it, and the TV ads have actually been clever and well-done.
But I'm going to give Harper's Island a shot.
"I haven't heard anything more about [a 'Melrose Place' reunion] recently, but I think it would be great. It's the perfect timing for it."
Oprah, Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray may have to make room for a new queen of all media ... TV star, exercise video creator, fashionista and upcoming author Lisa Rinna, who's just one self-titled magazine away from snagging the title herself. And Rinna's looking to add something to the list that those other TV divas wouldn't dare -- she recently told Extra that she's considering posing for Playboy.
The 'Melrose Place' and 'Days of Our Lives' alum and 'Dancing With the Stars' season 2 contestant is teaching fans of the show how to get down and boogie with their bad selves via her just released dance and exercise DVDs -- 'Lisa Rinna: Dance Body Beautiful - Learn & Burn' and 'Lisa Rinna: Dance Body Beautiful - Jive, Jump, Ballroom Bump' -- created with her 'DWTS' partner Louis van Amstel.
With her DVDs in stores now, Rinna talked to AOL TV about how dancing is the best workout, her upcoming reality show with husband of 10 years Harry Hamlin, a 'Melrose' remake and whether or not we gave her hubby his appropriate TV hunk props.
Are audiences really clamoring for more of this stuff? I know I'm not, and I don't know anyone else who is! Seriously, this is not reality TV. There's nothing real about it except that they're using their real names. (Yes, those are their real names!)
It's still slated for early 2009, only now the actor playing the groom's loud, fun-loving and duplicitous uncle is going to be Harry Hamlin. He has been added to the Harper's Island cast as Marty.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Kellie Pickler?s Winning ?Dancing with the Stars? Season in Review
- Zendaya's 'Dancing with the Stars' Season in Review
- Jacoby Jones' 'Dancing with the Stars' Season in Review
- Alexandra Raisman's 'Dancing with the Stars' Season in Review
- Exclusive 'Criminal Minds' Interview: Joe Mantegna on Shocking Season Finale: 'All Questions Will Be Answered'
- More From BuddyTV
- Disney Channel pulls 'Jessie' episode after gluten-intolerance jokes spark controversy
- 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: Who won Season 16 - Kellie Pickler or Zendaya?
- 'Grimm' Season 2 finale: 'Goodnight, Sweet Grimm' sends a major character to his coffin
- 'The Voice' results: The Top 10 sheds two - Who went home?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: Who landed in 4th place?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Wednesday: Chicago Fire and 5 Other Finales, MasterChef Gets Cooking and More
- Dancing With the Stars Season 16 Finale: Did the Right Couple Win the Mirrorball Trophy?
- Grimm Post Mortem: David Giuntoli on Nick in a Box ('It's Going to Be Bad'), Wesen Sex and More
- Disney Channel Pulls Controversial Jessie Episode That Mocked Gluten Intolerance
- The Voice Top 10 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Contestants Go Home?
- More From TVLine