According to the Hollywood Reporter, the real-life 'Dancing With the Stars' couple will star in the new reality series 'Harry Loves Lisa,' airing on TV Land. The six-episode series will explore the couple's daily life, family and careers.
Executive produced by Jason Carbone (MTV's 'Run's House'), 'Harry Loves Lisa' will run in TV Land's fall PRIME original series block.
Rinna is known for her role as Billie Reed on 'Days of our Lives,' as well as playing Taylor McBride on the primetime soap 'Melrose Place.' She then transitioned to the host of SoapNet's 'Soap Talk.' Hamlin, meanwhile, is perhaps best known to TV fans as Michael Kuzak in 'L.A. Law.'
(S01E01) Look, I'm going to just cut to the chase: You should be watching this show. Well, let me add a caveat to that. If you don't mind watching people get eviscerated, you should be watching this show. I put this on my DVR because it was new, but I didn't know much about it. Just watching the pilot, though, has got me totally hooked.
I love horror movies, and this is basically a thirteen-episode horror movie. It doesn't pull any punches either. Harper's Island isn't like most TV shows, where minor characters get killed off and the main cast always manages to survive: at least one character will be killed off each week. In the pilot episode, we had two deaths. Suffice it to say, they did not go quietly in their sleep.
Warning: Spoilers about who dies in the pilot are ahead.
Are audiences really clamoring for more of this stuff? I know I'm not, and I don't know anyone else who is! Seriously, this is not reality TV. There's nothing real about it except that they're using their real names. (Yes, those are their real names!)
It's still slated for early 2009, only now the actor playing the groom's loud, fun-loving and duplicitous uncle is going to be Harry Hamlin. He has been added to the Harper's Island cast as Marty.
This notion of, 'We didn't know we were breaking the rules' boggles me. How do you not know? Especially if the rule is 'No Lifts.' That's not hard to remember. It doesn't even require higher math. Just don't do lifts. It was good for them to have Len go through the basic rules. They should have done that on one of the earlier results shows.
Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris return as hosts. And if I can go off-topic for just a minute, I have to mention Breakfast Time. I've been a Bergeron fan since he hosted the best morning show that ever was. When Tom goes into the Hall of Fame he should be wearing his Breakfast Time cap. That said, they have eleven new stars ready to dance it up. Celebrity men danced the Cha Cha Cha while the women did the Fox Trot. Here are the couples and their results.
Thaaat's right, kiddies... the new group of has-beens, never-wases and out-of-place sports legends is now set to strut their stuff on the dance floor this fall, and this group is a doozy. We already knew that MSNBC's Tucker Carlson is participating, and there had been rumors that soon-to-be Hall of Fame running back Emmit Smith was going to be there, so those two aren't a big surprise. But we also get to see Jerry Springer, Joey ("Whoa!") Lawrence, Vivica A. Fox, Harry Hamlin (probably glomming on wife Lisa Rinna's success last year), Willa Ford, Monique Coleman of High School Musical, Sara Evans, Mario Lopez, and model and ex-Mrs. Barker Shanna Moakler (probably in the spot that was reserved for Beth Ostrosky).
Looks like it's going to be an interesting season. Maybe Emmit Smith will surprise everyone and win it all. Cowboy fans must be hiding their heads in their hats right now.
Not all television dads are the epitome of fatherhood. There are plenty of dads out there in TV land who, frankly, would rather be somewhere else. So, in the fine tradition of opposing viewpoints, we present the five worst TV dads.
Aaron Echolls (Veronica Mars): Sure, to the movie-watching public he was known as a class-A actor who was kind to his fans. But, to his family, he was known as an adulterer with a violent temper who beat on his son Logan. Oh, he also murdered Veronica Mars' best friend Lilly and the abusing boyfriend of his daughter Trina (Update: well, almost). On the bright side, he has a really nice head of hair for someone his age.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Nick Star Jennette McCurdy Rejects The 'Role Model' Label In Online Rant
- Ryan Seacrest To Host Star-Studded 'Fashion Rocks' TV Extravaganza!
- Meet the World's Most Successful Transgender Model
- The Famous Family Member Who Won't be at Jenny McCarthy's Wedding
- Bradley Cooper Explains His Voice in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
- More From ET