When the networks all get together at their secret meeting. . . you know, the one where they laugh about how none of the mysteries will be solved on Lost and where they try to figure out how many more shows they can stuff into Thursday nights to cause our DVRs to have a meltdown . . . they need to adopt a new amendment into their secret constitution. An amendment that will be as important as the one that decrees that Cop Rock will never be duplicated, and the one that commands CBS to continually green light shows by Joe Pantoliano and then cancel them or keep them off the air entirely.
I'm talking about the amendment that prevents the networks from making live-action remakes of classic animated programs ever again. Especially if it is a remake of an animated holiday classic that millions of viewers still remember fondly. Because, no matter how hard they try to stay truthful to the original, they always manage to screw it up. Particularly when they decide to update the live-action remake of the animated holiday classic to reflect modern fads and values. When they try that disaster looms.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal: Dan Bucatinsky, Kate Burton Returning Later This Season
- Samantha Bee Exits The Daily Show to Headline Her Own TBS Series
- Glee Series Finale Photos: Klaine's Future, Rachel's Big Win and More
- Pilot News: Peter Gallagher Joins Fox's Collegiate Comedy Detour
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Kim Zolciak's Waist Is Tinier Than Cinderella's Thanks to Waist Training
- Incredible Impressionist Performs 'Uptown Funk' Using 'Family Guy' Voices
- Rihanna Teases Another New Song on Instagram -- But Where are the Bangerz?
- 'Sex and the City' Creator Darren Star on Why the 'Up the Butt' Scene Changed the Game
- More From ET