Jada Pinkett Smith headlined the drama series about Christina Hawthorne, a tough nurse who becomes the COO and president of James River Hospital.
"TNT has decided not to order a fourth season of 'HawthoRNe,'" the network said in a statement. "TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved in 'HawthoRNe.' The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show's talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with 'HawthoRNe' nothing but the best."
The series also starred Marc Anthony, Michael Vartan and Vanessa Lengies. The first two seasons averaged a little more than 3 millions viewers each.
The TV power couple released the following statement to People:
"We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters.
"It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time."
The couple has been married for seven years and recently collaborated on Latin American talent show, 'Q'Viva: The Chosen.'
Lopez joined 'American Idol' last season and has yet to reveal her plans for next season. Anthony recently joined the cast of TNT's 'Hawthorne.'
Pinkett Smith promised that things would heat up on the third season of 'HawthoRNe' thanks to her character's love triangle with Dr. Wakefield, played by 'Alias' alum Michael Vartan, and Detective Nick Renata, played by new cast member Marc Anthony, who Pinkett Smith dubbed "Brown thunder."
Anthony is also the show's new "executive music person," says Smith, who also revealed that she envied Vartan, because he go to use the "A" word on a recent episode.
First up is the wedding, after which Hawthorne is attacked in a parking lot. The investigating detective is Marc Anthony. "It starts off the best day of her life, and unfortunately ends as the worst day of her life," said Pinkett-Smith. "There's an interesting love triangle that occurs for the rest of the season."
This week we have spoilers for: 'Burn Notice,' 'Cougar Town,' 'Dexter,' 'Glee,' 'HawthoRNe,' and 'White Collar.'
According to TVLine, Azaria will play Alex, a public relations professional on the rebound. 'The Simpsons' voice actor recurred on 'Friends,' 'Mad About You' and starred in 'Imagine That.'
Singer Marc Anthony has joined the cast of 'Hawthorne.' TNT announced he'll reprise the role of Detective Nick Renata. Anthony appeared on the final two episodes of season 2.
'The Walking Dead' veteran Emma Bell is heading to NBC's 'Reconstruction.' The show, formerly titled 'The Crossing,' is set in post-Civil War Missouri. Deadline also reports 'Stargate Universe' actor Robert Carlyle will play Rumplestiltskin in ABC's 'Once Upon a Time.'
Brandon T. Jackson will star opposite Minnie Driver in 'Hail Mary.' According to Deadline, Jackson will play KZ, the best friend of Driver's character's dead son.
In other TV news ...
• 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' is back on the beat in April. The struggling drama will return -- with several casting changes -- to NBC on Mon., April 11 at 9PM. [TVLine]
• Sean Young is going from 'Skating with the Stars' to 'Celebrity Rehab.' Young joins Michael Lohan, Bai Ling, Michaele Salahi, Jeremy Jackson, and Amy Fisher on the VH1 reality series. [Entertainment Weekly]
• TLC is adding another 'Say Yes to the Dress' show to its growing franchise. 'Say Yes to the Dress: Randy Knows Best' will follow Randy Fenoli as he dishes wedding advice. [EW]
The Pinkett Smith family success story continues as Jada's medical drama series, 'HawthoRNe,' has been picked up by TNT for a third season.
Deadline.com reports that TNT will announce today that they've ordered ten more episodes of the medical drama, which aired this summer to generally strong ratings. The network used 'HawthoRNe' to successfully launch 'Memphis Beat', and the quirky cop drama, starring Jason Lee, was renewed at the beginning of September.
Now the only TNT drama waiting to hear its fate is the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced 'Dark Blue.' The gritty cop drama, starring Dylan McDermott, is now in its second season, but has struggled with ratings and reviews.
He shows up on TNT's 'HawthoRNe' this week (Tues., Aug. 10, 9PM ET) and again next week as a possible love interest for Jada Pinkett Smith's Christina Hawthorne. As we reported back in April, Anthony will play Nick Renata, a straight-laced cop who meets Christina while investigating a child abduction.
We caught up with Anthony to hear all about working with Jada, being the set's errand boy and whether or not we'll see him on TV again soon.
Without meaning to, I've managed to catch every episode of 'The Good Guys' since it debuted earlier this summer, and I'm starting to warm up to the show. There is something not-quite-right about the comedic timing of the Tarantino-style flashbacks but I do get a chuckle out of Bradley Whitford's anachronistic cop sometimes. This week, a bad interrogation leads to a dealer being let out on the street -- and of course the boys vow to bring him back in.
On 'HawthoRNe' (Tue., 9PM on TNT), Jada Pinkett Smith's character Christina walks into just such a nightmare at her hospital concerning an abdominal patient and an angry waiting boyfriend.
"This man's girlfriend has been waiting forever," Hawthorne tells the director of nursing. "She needs to be seen."
Needless to say, the other nurse doesn't take to Christina's demands well, but Christina tells her she's been made director of nursing.
From there, the tussle gets a little physical.
Referring to her character on the series, Pinkett Smith said, "She falls in love with [the character played by] Michael Vartan, which is gonna be very challenging considering she's still a widow--"
"And in real life you're married to Will Smith," added Jimmy Fallon. "That must be awkward, right?"
When she had to kiss Vartan, she realized what a difference a 15-year marriage makes. "I stopped doing love scenes once I got married, so I haven't been touched by another man in a very long time," she said. "When another man is touching you, your body is like [she makes warning-alert sounds] ... The red signals go off. Invasion! Invasion!"
So I'm glad they're changing it. This isn't unprecedented. 'Valerie' changed its title to 'The Hogan Family' when Valerie Harper left, 'James at 15' changed to 'James at 16' when the character got older, and the sitcom 'It's A Living' changed to 'Making A Living.' Maybe they can do this for other shows that have either changed their focus or have changed in other ways. Here are my five suggestions.
In a statement released to AOL Television, the network revealed that Anthony will play "Nick Renata, a police officer who meets Christina Hawthorne (star Jada Pinkett Smith) while investigating a child abduction. Nick is a straight-laced cop who is intrigued by Christina's energy and passion for her patients. Time will tell if their date sparks a relationship."
The episode will air sometime in August.
More casting news after the jump.
- At 8, ABC has a new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, followed by the series premiere of Shaq Vs and a new Primetime: Outsiders.
- FOX has a new Hell's Kitchen at 8, then a new More to Love.
- ESPN has two new episodes of The World Series of Poker starting at 8.
- Nickelodeon has a new Glenn Martin, DDS at 8.
- At 9, CBS has a new Big Brother.
- NBC has a new America's Got Talent at 9.
- PBS has a new Nova scienceNOW at 9.
- TNT has a new Hawthorne at 9, then the season finale of Saving Grace.
- History Channel has a new episode of The Universe at 9.
- There's a new Miami Social on Bravo at 9, followed by the season premiere of Flipping Out.
- Also at 9: Syfy has a new Warehouse 13, then a new ECW.
- At 9:30, Food Network has a new The Best Thing I Ever Ate.
- At 10, FX has a new Rescue Me.
- Discovery has a new episode of The Colony at 10.
- HBO has a new Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- Girl Meets World Season Finale Recap: A Date With Destiny
- James Marsters Joins Jenji Kohan's HBO Drama Pilot The Devil You Know
- Killing Jesus Video: Kelsey Grammer's King Herod Meets His Maker
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Makes Sweet Music With NFL Star JJ Watt
- More From TVLine