According to TV Guide, Alexander will play Richard, a public school teacher who's suspended after he fails a student. The reason the character handed out an F? The student, Zack, called Darwinism "a crock."
Kathy Bates' Harriet Korn takes the case to court.
Alexander recently made a guest appearance on TNT's 'Franklin & Bash.'
'Harry's Law' premieres Sept. 21 at 9PM on NBC.
In other casting news ...
He called it 'Judy Hummer and the Not Bummer Summer,' which is close but just wrong enough that it elicits images of a very different kind of movie. Certainly not the kind of movie the President and First Lady would screen for their daughters.
Graham is hopeful that 'Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer' will be such a hit that "they'll be like, that girl's cool, let's invite her to the White House. So then they'll invite me to the White House." It could happen. We're pretty sure Obama has that kind of pull.
ABC pulled John Stamos' Jake in Progress from its schedule at the same time it pulled Emily, leaving fans to wonder whether that show was over as well. Rest assured, Jake fans, according to the LA Times, it will return to television. The president of ABC prime time entertainment says he really likes Jake in Progress and the show will eventually return.
And, despite poor ratings for Commander in Chief and Invasion, ABC says it still believes in those series.
As Chris reported yesterday, many of you may have noticed that at the very last minute, ABC pulled the new episodes of Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress last night. They aired a rerun of The Bachelor: Paris instead. Presumably, this was all done because of the stiff competition that that was on last night including the Golden Globe awards and part two of 24's season premiere. However, a lot has changed since last night. ABC has now announced that they are pulling the plug on production of the Heather Graham comedy only a week after the series premiere. Apparently, the ratings for last week's premiere were practically non-existent and that certainly should justify at least looking at/re-examining the show to see if it's worth trying to save. Seems like ABC is doing just that but there's no news on if or when production will start again, so don't get your hopes up.
- On the cover: NCIS, the show no one you know watches.
- Matt Roush on the season premieres of 24 and The Shield.
- In the print edition only: an interview with Heather Graham of Emily's Reason's Why Not, a behind the scenes look of Wolfgang Puck's new Las Vegas restaurant, and a Q and A with Boston Legal's Julie Bowen.
- An interview with John Stamos about the return of Jake In Progress and why he really didn't want to join the cast of ER.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.9 Photos: Storybrooke Prepares for the Snow Queen's Curse
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- More From BuddyTV
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- The Originals Photos: See Klaus' Adorable Reunion With Baby Hope
- TVLine Items: Game of Thrones Season 5 Teaser, Netflix Nabs Coven and More
- Sneak Peek: Jessie Holidays With Teen Beach Star, Liv and Maddie's Bros
- More From TVLine
- Tanya Tucker Gets Candid: Glen Campbell Heartbreak and Hopes for Her Legacy
- The Funniest Moments From The Best 'Friends' Thanksgiving Episodes
- Carrie Underwood: 'I Don't Think I Ever Have Makeup-Free Days'
- Jennifer Lawrence and Her Gal Pals Recreate 'Vanderpump Rules' Intro
- Stars Urge Black Friday Boycott Following Ferguson Decision
- More From ET