May 28, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Feb 8th 2010 9:00AM
How's this for an odd occurrence of non-product placement? On Wednesday night, during the ABC sitcom block -- actually during 'Modern Family' -- there was a commercial for Stouffer's Family Size dinners. The commercial referred to 'The Middle,' making the case for how positive it is for families to sit down and share a meal together.
It was a great idea for a commercial, but did anybody at Stouffer's realize that with the exception of Thanksgiving, the Hecks don't actually cook dinner? They're usually bringing in bags of take out from a burger joint. You see hamburgers and fries and lots of paper products, but it was only for Turkey Day that anybody actually fixed dinner.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ABC Eyes Amy Schumer as Next 'Bachelorette'
- 'Aquarius' Review: A Fascinating Look Inside Charles Manson's Twisted World
- 'Bones' Teasers: 7 Good Things to Watch for in 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'MasterChef' Recap: Surprise! Your Kitchen Comes Back to Haunt You
- More From BuddyTV
- Murder in the First Season 2 Trailer Teases Intense New Case, Dirty Cops
- CBS' Briefcase Premiere: Did We Just See the Only 'Acceptable' Outcome?
- Smash's Broadway Event Expands! Who's Joining Ellis (!) in Bombshell?
- Golan the Insatiable Sneak Peek: Rob Riggle, Aubrey Plaza Preview Their Twisted Monster-Child Friendship
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- More From TVLine
- Natalie Portman Recalls 'Heartbreak' and 'Difficult Times' at Harvard
- Rick Santorum on Josh Duggar Sex Scandal: 'I'm Sickened By It'
- George Clooney Explains Why He'll Never Dye His Gray Hair or Go Under the Knife
- Lily Collins Adorably Confirms She's Back Together With Jamie Campbell Bower
- Jim Parsons Takes on the Kardashians, Kanye West & More in New Broadway Show
- More From ET