July 25, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jan 6th 2006 11:32AM
Herb Scannell, who served as president of Nickolodeon Networks since 1996, recently announced he would be stepping down. Normally I don't get too excited about executive shifts such as these, but Scannell was responsible for giving Nickelodeon the boost it needed, bringing in such humongously popular shows as SpongeBob SquarePants, Blue's Clues, Rugrats, and Dora the Explorer. Scannell also expanded the Nickelodeon brand by adding a new animation studio, launching networks Noggin and The N, and starting Nickelodeon's feature film division. Cyma Zarghami, who has worked for Nickelodeon for the last twenty years and is repsponsible for bringing in live-action "tween" comedies like Drake and Josh and Unfabulous, will take over for Scannell. Animation expert and insider Jerry Beck, who worked with Scannell at Nickelodeon, has a few kind words to say about the man on his blog.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 5 Premiere Date and Trailer
- 'iZombie' at Comic-Con 2014: It's More 'Buffy' Than 'Veronica Mars' and 6 More Things to Know
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 5 Nominees?
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- More From BuddyTV
- The Walking Dead @ Comic-Con: Season 5 Premiere Date Revealed — Watch Explosive First Trailer
- Bones Scoop: Get Details on 'Out of the Ordinary' 200th Ep, Booth and Brennan's New [Spoiler] and More
- TVLine Items: Real Housewives Eyes Soap Vet, Cartoon Renews 5 and More
- Is a Major Spin-Off In Order? Did Suits Litt You Up? Was a Big Brother Stalker Outed? And More TV Qs!
- Cinemax Orders Outcast Pilot From Walking Dead Creator Robert Kirkman
- More From TVLine