October 24, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jan 6th 2006 11:32AM
Herb Scannell, who served as president of Nickolodeon Networks since 1996, recently announced he would be stepping down. Normally I don't get too excited about executive shifts such as these, but Scannell was responsible for giving Nickelodeon the boost it needed, bringing in such humongously popular shows as SpongeBob SquarePants, Blue's Clues, Rugrats, and Dora the Explorer. Scannell also expanded the Nickelodeon brand by adding a new animation studio, launching networks Noggin and The N, and starting Nickelodeon's feature film division. Cyma Zarghami, who has worked for Nickelodeon for the last twenty years and is repsponsible for bringing in live-action "tween" comedies like Drake and Josh and Unfabulous, will take over for Scannell. Animation expert and insider Jerry Beck, who worked with Scannell at Nickelodeon, has a few kind words to say about the man on his blog.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Key'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: A Room Full of Liars
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Finale Recap: And the Winner Is...
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Callie & Arizona Head to Therapy...Can Their Marriage Be Saved?
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest
- More From TVLine