There's good news and bad news coming out of the Heroes' universe. The good news: despite the ongoing WGA Strike, the current 'Generations' story arc running on the hit NBC show will conclude on December 3rd in an episode entitled 'Powerless'. The bad news: should the strike extend through the new year 'Powerless' may be the season finale for Heroes.
That's what Jeph Loeb, co-executive producer and writer of the series, is saying in press reports. Luckily, Loeb and executive producer/creator Tim Kring saw this strike coming ahead of time so they, and their crew, worked like crazy to get the first story arc done before the strike deadline. This made people like comic book artist Tim Sale, who creates art for the Isaac Mendez character, nearly have a nervous breakdown. Even with the hectic work schedule Loeb states that fans should be satisfied with the end of the first story arc as many hanging plot threads will be resolved.
By the grace of the fire marshall, I just squeezed into the second half of the Heroes' panel at Comic-Con. I'll have a report up later, but in the meantime, big news, kids. Kevin Smith has signed to write and direct the first episode of Heroes: Origins. It will air in April. Each episode will have a different auteur at its helm, and yes, Smith is the first up. He promises to bring us the story of the two gay heroes. "The Japanese dudes are gay, right?" He was kidding.
NBC had a special event on the set of Heroes today to announce that they're going global ... literally. The cast and creators will be traveling to at least seven major cities to promote the first season of the show in places it hasn't premiered yet. Although according to Tim Kring it's been watched (sometimes illegally, *gasp*) worldwide over the internet. Cities confirmed so far are: Toyko, Hong Kong, Singapore, Munich, Paris, London, and New York. We're fairly sure they've heard of it in New York City, call us crazy.
Nissan will be sponsoring the tour, which will also be going green in an effort to "reduce the carbon footprint," Kring said, although he wasn't quite sure how, since jets and cars eat are on the forefront of global polluting. Maybe they can bike around Europe? That'd be a nice special feature on next season's DVD. Greg Grunberg, who plays the mind-reading Matt Parkman, said he was visiting Paris with his wife recently, and the show hasn't even premiered on the air there. However, he had people coming up to him left and right who recognized him from seeing the show on their computers. Sacrebleu!
NBC released its fall 2007 schedule today. Here's a rundown on what new shows we'll see, when they'll air, and what old shows won't be coming back.
Returning: Friday Night Lights, Law & Order, Law & Order: CI, Law & Order: SVU, Deal or No Deal, 30 Rock, The Office, Heroes, Scrubs, ER, The Biggest Loser, Las Vegas, My Name Is Earl, 1 vs. 100, Dateline, Football Night In America, Medium, and Saturday Night Live.
Out: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, Crossing Jordan, The Black Donnellys, Kidnapped, Andy Barker, P.I., Identity, Raines, 20 Good Years, Grease: You're The One That I Want, The Real Wedding Crashers, Thank God You're Here.
Moving: Friday Night Lights moves to Friday nights at 10pm. On Thursdays, 30 Rock moves to 8:30, The Office to 9, and Scrubs to 9:30. Law & Order will move to Sundays at 8pm (in 2008). Law & Order: CI will be on USA Network first, then NBC will air the repeats.
After the jump, a rundown on the new shows and a look at the schedule.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET