Direct from the "Not a Big Surprise" department comes news that TLC has reupped 'L.A. Ink' for another run and that production on season 4 is already underway.
A spin-off of 'Miami Ink,' which ended in 2008, 'L.A. Ink' follows tattoo artist Kat Von D at her High Voltage shop in West Hollywood. The show is currently averaging 1.4 million viewers per week. Those are impressive numbers, not just because they come from a cable-based show, but because it airs on Thursday nights at 10PM a hotbed of original programming on the Big Three and One-Third networks.
The numbers are also impressive, because 'L.A. Ink' comes from an older generation of TLC shows -- with four years equaling one television generation. With the network full of programs featuring height-challenged families, weight-challenged families and, soon enough, 18 hours of original Kate Gosselin programming, the show is able to maintain its popularity.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane
- More From TVLine
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- Kourtney Kardashian & Baby Reign Get 'Serious' in Rare Instagram Photo
- Pippa Middleton Shows Off Her Super Toned Bod While Paddleboarding in St. Barts
- Ben Foster and Robin Wright Call Off Their Engagement Again
- 7 Reasons David and Harper Beckham Make the Cutest Daddy-Daughter Duo Ever
- More From ET