Direct from the "Not a Big Surprise" department comes news that TLC has reupped 'L.A. Ink' for another run and that production on season 4 is already underway.
A spin-off of 'Miami Ink,' which ended in 2008, 'L.A. Ink' follows tattoo artist Kat Von D at her High Voltage shop in West Hollywood. The show is currently averaging 1.4 million viewers per week. Those are impressive numbers, not just because they come from a cable-based show, but because it airs on Thursday nights at 10PM a hotbed of original programming on the Big Three and One-Third networks.
The numbers are also impressive, because 'L.A. Ink' comes from an older generation of TLC shows -- with four years equaling one television generation. With the network full of programs featuring height-challenged families, weight-challenged families and, soon enough, 18 hours of original Kate Gosselin programming, the show is able to maintain its popularity.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' casts 'Masters of Sex's' Rose McIver in lead role
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Marvel 'Assembling A Universe' promo: Watch
- 'Covert Affairs' Season 5 casts 'Body of Proof's' Nic Bishop
- 'Key & Peele' Season 4 gets more episodes, animated series in the works
- 'The Tomorrow People' moves to Mondays: Watch the Jedikiah-Astrid video
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Law & Order: SVU Villain Returns, Keke Palmer Joins Masters of Sex and More
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Lagertha's New Husband May Be an Earl, But He's No Prince
- Exclusive Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: 'Stiles is Dying'
- Mad Men Season 7 First Look Photos: Are Don and Peggy About to Take Off?
- Scoop: Covert Affairs Adds Body of Proof Alum as Series Regular, Annie's New Romantic Interest
- More From TVLine