Direct from the "Not a Big Surprise" department comes news that TLC has reupped 'L.A. Ink' for another run and that production on season 4 is already underway.
A spin-off of 'Miami Ink,' which ended in 2008, 'L.A. Ink' follows tattoo artist Kat Von D at her High Voltage shop in West Hollywood. The show is currently averaging 1.4 million viewers per week. Those are impressive numbers, not just because they come from a cable-based show, but because it airs on Thursday nights at 10PM a hotbed of original programming on the Big Three and One-Third networks.
The numbers are also impressive, because 'L.A. Ink' comes from an older generation of TLC shows -- with four years equaling one television generation. With the network full of programs featuring height-challenged families, weight-challenged families and, soon enough, 18 hours of original Kate Gosselin programming, the show is able to maintain its popularity.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 18 Dance and Two Go Home
- Casting Bits: Ed Sheeran Joins FX Series, 'Nashville' Adds Riley Smith, Naomi Campbell on 'AHS' and More
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 5?
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Tyler Posey Teases a Dark Period for Scott and Describes the Season in Emoji
- More From BuddyTV
- Chicago Fire Recruits Scandal Alum Brian White as New Captain
- Fuller House: CSI: Miami's Eva LaRue Joins as [Spoiler]'s Wife
- Castle's Stana Katic Teases 'Event' that Shifts Season 8 Into 'Higher Velocity'
- Originals' Nathaniel Buzolic Talks Kol's Return in 'Flashback-Heavy' Season 3
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, NCIS, Empire, Supernatural, NCIS: LA, B99, The Middle, H50 and More
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashians Baby No 2 Pregnancy Style
- Calvin Harris Could Not Look Hotter Showing Off His Killer Abs in New Armani Underwear Ads
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Wear Their Wedding Bands As They Reunite in Atlanta
- Stars as Cute Kids: The Most Adorable #TBTs
- Ed Sheeran Books 'The Bastard Executioner' and Is Officially About to Become Our Favorite TV Actor
- More From ET