(S04E08) Dreams. Tami and Eric have big dreams for Julie as she prepares to go to college. Tim Riggins has been dreaming of what he would do some day with 25 acres of Texas real estate. Luke's worried that his dream of getting a scholarship out of of Dillon is slipping away. And Buddy, well, he just wants to have football pride for the Lions like he did for his dream team, the Panthers. More on all that and more Friday Night Lights after the jump.
Much like the confidence it showed in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip by giving it a full season order, NBC has done the same with the Tuesday night high school football drama Friday Night Lights.
NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said they were "proud to reward an authentic, poignant series like Friday Night Lights." My guess? They take the show off of Tuesday nights, much like they plan to take Studio 60 off of Monday nights. It will be interesting to see NBC's new lineup, which will be revealed some time this week.
It's actually great to see a network realize that these are both quality shows that deserve to be on the air and just need some time to grow. Is Jordan McDeere in charge over at NBC?
I have no interest in watching Friday Night Lights, but I agree with author Buzz Bissinger (he wrote the book that the TV show is based on) when he gives his opinion of Dancing with the Stars.
He tells The Philadelphia Inquirer, where he used to work that "America is getting what it deserves - crappy, stupid, artificial reality TV...it's distressing that so many people are flocking to a show that's obviously contrived and ridiculous."
I agree, though I would extend the sentiment to almost every other reality show on the air right now. NBC isn't giving up on the show yet though. Not only has the network ordered nine more scripts for the show, it's also going to give it a shot in Studio 60's time slot next Monday at 10pm. Maybe some people will tune in after Heroes, which just keeps on getting stronger and stronger (in ratings as well as quality).
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Issues Apology: 'I Am Deeply Sorry'
- A Restaurant in England Is Serving This Breakfast That Contains 8,000 Calories
- More From ET