Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
There are several different versions of the season 5 set for Lost being released this week, from a regular set (actually called an "Expanded Edition") and a Blu-ray version of that set, plus a "Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit" set in both regular format and in Blu-ray. Those sets have the extras you see in the pic above (deleted scenes, bloopers, interviews, etc), plus...a videotape! That's one of the cooler extras you'll find in a DVD set, eh?
- Friday - Complete Series
- The Fugitive - Season 3, Vol. 2
- Get Smart - Season 5
- Highlander - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
- The Jerry Lewis Show - The Jerry Lewis Show
- The Judy Garland Show - Collection
- Lost - Season 5
- McLeod's Daughters - Pilot Movie
- Perry Mason - Season 4, Vol. 2
- Rescue Me - Season 5, Vol. 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Season 6, Vol. 1
I started watching The Fairly OddParents a few years ago and completely fell in love with it. I have a couple of the DVD sets, but I was never sure how the DVD sets were organized. Sometimes they're by a "theme" and sometimes they're by a season or volume. But now we have actual complete season sets for seasons one and two, and I'm really looking forward to having them. Funny, though, how no one can agree whether it's Fairly OddParents or Fairly Odd Parents. I see it spelled both ways everywhere.
I won't be buying the Highlander: The Animated Series set though., There can be only one animated set to buy this week and I'm going with OddParents.
Wow, "syndicated adventure series." Whatever happened to all of those cheesy syndicated adventure shows that used to dot the television landscape? There used to be dozens of them on the weekends and late at night. Sitcoms too. There aren't too many of them anymore, replaced by reality, home improvement, court shows, and talk shows, or not replaced at all.
(S01E04) I was never a fan of the other shows like New Amsterdam. Highlander, Forever Knight and shows of that kind never really appealed to me. Which is why it's so puzzling that I enjoy this show. Case in point...since our dreams are a manifestation of the way our subconscious reacts to our life experiences, a dude who has been alive for over 400 years must have some pretty crazy-ass dreams. That's kind of cool to me.
When this show premiered, I wondered if there was ever going to be some real New York style crimes featured. I guess I have my answer.
Just head on over to the post link above, read through the rules and make the applicable comment there (not here!) We'll notify the winners next week.
To enter, simply leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Friday, February 29, simply telling us why you'd like to own the DVD. As always, we'll randomly choose five winners amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating why you'd like to own Highlander: The Source on DVD.
- The comment must be left before February 29, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Five winners will receive a copy of Highlander: The Source on DVD (valued at $26.99). Two of those winners will also receive a "mini-sword" based on the series (valued at about $20).
What are you going to do? The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and even new shows like Pushing Daisies and Chuck are either out of fresh episodes or quickly running out. Well, you don't need to spend the "strike season" curled up in the corner of your bedroom crying through a pile of TV Guides, remembering the good old days when you didn't already know what was going to happen this week on House.
Television is alive and well, and even growing ... just somewhere else. Want to know what happened to Jack Bauer before Season One of 24? How about Buffy and the Scooby Gang after the series finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? More and more shows are expanding their horizons by telling prequels, sequels and even in-between-quels in comic books, or graphic novels.
Good news, Highlander-heads! According to the Adrian Paul Newswire a new Highlander movie is coming to the Sci-Fi Channel in September. Named Highlander: The Source, it will feature the return of actor Adrian Paul as the immortal Duncan Macleod.
In this movie, the 5th since the original Highlander franchise began in 1986, Duncan goes on a quest with a number of immortal and mortal friends to find the origin of the first immortal and The Source of immortality. It seems to be set in the future because, as the plot summary says, we find Macleod roaming a crumbling city as the world falls into chaos. Then again, he could be walking the streets of Camden, New Jersey for all we know.
Highlander: The Source will premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel on September 15th at 9 pm, and be re-broadcast on September 20th at the same time.
[Thanks to sheryl318 for the tip]
We'll contact the winners later in the week. Good luck!
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- America's Funniest Home Videos - Motherhood Madness
- George Lopez - Season 1 and Season 2
- Ghostbusters - Complete Series
- Happy Days - Season 2
- Highlander - Best of the Best
- Larry King Live - Greatest Interviews
- The Larry Sanders Show - Not Just The Best of The Larry Sanders Show
- Laverne & Shirley - Season 2
- Masters of Horror - Family
- Mork & Mindy - Season 2
- Murder, She Wrote - Season 6
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Friend or Foe
- The Venture Bros. - Season 2
Now, for our next giveaway. How does five copies of The Highlander: The Ultimate Collection sound? (Includes 15 episodes and over 3 hours of bonus features in a 6-disc set.) We'll give one copy away to five randomly chosen commenters to this post. Just post a comment below stating who your favorite member of the MacLeod Clad is (fans of the movies or TV show will know). We'll randomly choose five winning entries from all eligible comments.
Some basic rules and clarifications:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating who your favorite member of the MacLeod Clan is (as related to the Highlander franchise). What member you mention makes absolutely no difference, as long as it's a true one.
- The comment must be left before April 20, 2007 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- You can only enter once.
- The winning entry will be chosen completely at random.
And now we present you with the legalities of the contest. (Read them. Please.)
Sometimes I wonder if what we remember a deceased actor for is the thing that actor would want to be remembered for the most.
British actor Ian Richardson played corrupt politician Francis Urquhart in three mini-series: House of Cards, To Play The King, and The Final Cut, and had a long career starring in such movies as Brazil, The Winslow Boy, Dark City, As You Like It, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Canterbuy Tales, and The Fourth Protocol, but TV audiences might know him best as the guy who pulls up in the limo and asks "Do you have any Grey Poupon?"
Richardson was also an acclaimed stage actor and appeared on other TV shows, including the miniseries Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Ike, and the series Highlander. He died in England on Friday.
When I first read this I thought it was series from the late 60s/early 70s, about race car driver Ben Richards, who has a rare blood disorder that make him immortal. But don't get too excited: it's actually the Lorenzo Lamas show from 2000, which sounds a lot like Highlander.
Um, how come I've never heard of this show? I watch a lot of TV and I like a lot of the syndicated action stuff, but this show doesn't ring a bell at all. Maybe I blocked it out of my memory because Lorenzo Lamas was in it. Anyway, the 22 episode set is coming in Feburary.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- 'Graceland' Recap: Can Paul Be Trusted?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: All Hail the Queen
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Metropolitan Mary Kay
- More From BuddyTV
- Julie Benz Previews Defiance Finale, Ponders Buffy/Angel Twitter Parties
- Disney Channel's Invisible Sister Gets Premiere Date — Also, See First Photo
- Big Bang Season 9: The Force Will Awaken Sheldon, Leonard & Co.
- Homeland Season 5 Finds Saul 'Ignited' in Wake of [Spoiler]
- Rookie Blue Recap: McNally On the Run
- More From TVLine
- She's 50?! Sarah Jessica Parker Stuns in Sexy Swimsuit During Ibiza Vacation
- Caitlyn Jenner Desires a 'Normal Relationship' and for a Man to Treat Her Like a Woman
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Nicki Minaj for Starting a 'Pop Star War' Over VMA Nominations
- Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Danced Barefoot on Billy Joel's Piano in Chicago - See the Video!
- Simon Cowell Doesn't Know If One Direction Will Split Up: 'I Hope They'll Come Back Together'
- More From ET