I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Supernatural Duo Sample Musical-ish Ep, Weigh In on '20 Seasons' Rumor
- The Leftovers Recap: Can We Talk?
- Lost Video Celebrates 10 Years: Did Your Favorite Moment Make the Cut?
- Rising Star Recap: Exception to the Duels
- Bob's Burgers to Cook Up a Die Hard- Working Girl Feud, Intro Bob's Dad
- More From TVLine