I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'UnREAL' Cast Photos: Meet the Bachelor, Contestants and Production Folks from 'Everlasting'
- The 9 Most Shocking Things on 'Wayward Pines' So Far
- [Video] 'Pretty Little Liars' Preview: New Suspect Revealed
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Week 3 Photos: Sumo Wrestling Suitors
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Men
- More From BuddyTV
- iZombie Sneak Peek: Arrow Vet Gets Caught in a '90s Slasher Situation
- First Look: Rookie Blue's Original Cast Takes Center Stage in Season 6
- Fuller House: Bob Saget Officially Boards Netflix Revival Series
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- More From TVLine
- 'Transparent' Creator Says Bruce Jenner's Family Watched and 'Loved' the Show
- Funny or Die Spoofs the Duggar Scandal, Hulu Pulls '19 Kids'
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Long Armpit Hair (Again) in Bikini Selfie
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Up for Sale for a Whopping $100 Million
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET