I'm talking about the famous "Turkey Drop" scene from WKRP in Cincinnati, of course. The reason why it is the best is not what we actually saw, but what was implied by reporter Les Nessman. If anything, the way the scene played out hearkened back to the golden days of radio and the "theater of the mind".
In this episode, entitled "Turkeys Away" and originally broadcast back in October of 1978, Mr. Carlson believes that the station needs a Thanksgiving promotion. So, he decides to have turkeys dropped from a helicopter flying above a shopping mall. What he doesn't realize is that turkeys aren't the greatest fliers, especially while being dropped from 2000 feet in the air. What results is a disaster. Nothing worse to ruin your holiday than a 20 or 30 pound turkey crashing into your car windshield from several thousand feet up.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Supernatural' Mystery: Who Is the Red-Headed Woman?
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- More From BuddyTV
- Stalker Sneak Peek: Detective Larsen Gets His Flirt On at Work
- The 100 Cast Previews 'Dark Turns' in Season 2 — Plus: Who Survived?
- MTV Orders Broke A$$ Game Show and Todrick to Series in 2015
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Eye for an Eye
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- More From TVLine
- Confirmed with a Kiss?! Zac Efron Plants Sweet Smooch On Sami Miro
- Michael Strahan Looks Ripped on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set
- Neil Patrick Harris, Chelsea Handler Make Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People List
- Renee Zellweger On Her New Appearance: Perhaps I Look Different, I'm Older
- Matthew McConaughey Puts A Year Of Accolades And Acclaim Into Perspective
- More From ET