February 27, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Apr 4th 2010 3:02PM
It's a time-honored tradition in the world of TV: a celebrity goes on a game show or reality contest, playing for his or her favorite charity. Then, instead of buckling down and trying his or her hardest to get as much money as possible for that charity, they laugh and joke as they either go down in flames on the show, or -- even worse -- don't look like they're even trying.
The latest case of this happened on last week's 'Celebrity Apprentice.' And, with the next episode set to air tonight, I wanted to talk about why the results from last week got me so annoyed.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek' Legend Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- 'The Amazing Race' Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'Agent Carter': What Have We Learned from the First Female Superhero Show?
- 'Kardashians' Family Secures $100 Million Deal with E!
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot Scoop: Craig Ferguson to Lord Over ABC Comedy The King of 7B
- Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla Talks Regina's Clash With Team Evil, a 'Cool' Resurrection, Losing Robin and More
- Killing Jesus First Look: Jesus' Crucifixion Recreated for NatGeo
- Supergirl Casts the Heroic Helen Slater and Dean Cain in Top-Secret Roles
- TVLine Items: Enlisted Star Visits Zoo, Covert Alum Joins Dominion and More
- More From TVLine
- Watch the Exclusive Trailer for Lena Dunham's New Doc About Artist Hilary Knight
- EXCLUSIVE 'Broadchurch' Sneak Peek: 'Nothing Will Stay Hidden' in Season 2!
- Zachary Quinto & Other 'Star Trek' Alums Mourn Loss of Leonard Nimoy: 'My Heart Is Broken'
- 19 Burning Questions We Have After That Killer 'How to Get Away With Murder' Finale
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' Dead at 83
- More From ET