Tasked with transforming a bland and unused living/dining area into something inspiring for the large but struggling Mars family, designer Sabrina Soto created a completely modern multi-purpose room where the 12 family members could meet for food, coffee, and fun.
As if there weren't enough remodeling/makeover shows on the air, and obviously there aren't, WE tv has just greenlit the latest. The Hollywood Reporter tells us Ugliest House on the Block involves neighbors and experts giving a four-day makeover to whichever house the neighbors consider to be the biggest eyesore. And, of course, the show promises "green" segments to show how to be more environmentally friendly with home decorating and design.
"Home decorating and design is a genre that has mass appeal for women," said Kim Martin, executive VP and GM at WE. So does the bad-boys-who-treat-women-like-crap genre, but I don't see WE tailoring a show for this segment of the female population. I'd say the all-men-are-evil-and-deserve-to-be-put-down-like-dogs genre, but Lifetime Movie Network seems to have the corner on that market.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Rick Prepares to Make a Trade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Apollo-gy Aftermath
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- More From BuddyTV
- American Music Awards 2014: The Complete Winners List (Updating Live)
- Taylor Swift and Kelly Osbourne Help Sarah Hyland Ring in Her 24th Year
- Selena Gomez Shares a Behind-the-Scenes Moment Before the 2014 AMAs
- Katy Perry Starts a Feud with Australian Paparazzi on Twitter
- 'SNL' Makes Cameron Diaz a 'Back Home Baller' and Brings Back 'Schoolhouse Rock'
- More From ET