Tasked with transforming a bland and unused living/dining area into something inspiring for the large but struggling Mars family, designer Sabrina Soto created a completely modern multi-purpose room where the 12 family members could meet for food, coffee, and fun.
As if there weren't enough remodeling/makeover shows on the air, and obviously there aren't, WE tv has just greenlit the latest. The Hollywood Reporter tells us Ugliest House on the Block involves neighbors and experts giving a four-day makeover to whichever house the neighbors consider to be the biggest eyesore. And, of course, the show promises "green" segments to show how to be more environmentally friendly with home decorating and design.
"Home decorating and design is a genre that has mass appeal for women," said Kim Martin, executive VP and GM at WE. So does the bad-boys-who-treat-women-like-crap genre, but I don't see WE tailoring a show for this segment of the female population. I'd say the all-men-are-evil-and-deserve-to-be-put-down-like-dogs genre, but Lifetime Movie Network seems to have the corner on that market.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sanjay and Craig Video: Chris Hardwick Brings Craig to Life — Plus: New Clip
- NCIS: Los Angeles Season 6 Sneak Peek: Has Someone Hurt Hetty?!
- Bad Judge First Look: Kate Walsh Gets Wild With Ryan Hansen
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 2
- Person of Interest Sneak Peek: Meet 'Professor Harold Whistler'
- More From TVLine
- You Need to See What Connie Britton's Hair Looked Like in the '80s
- Target Continues Support of Marriage Equality, Features Same-Sex Parents in New Commercial
- Date Night! Jennifer Lawrence Attends Coldplay Concert
- Meghan Trainor Is a Swifty! Watch Her Cover 'Shake It Off'
- 'Twilight' Star Jackson Rathbone Livetweets Terrifying Emergency Plane Landing
- More From ET