(S02E04) "If we don't do exactly what this guys says, he will kill Cal." - Foster
Looks like it didn't take long for Cal's decision to buy out Zoe to catch up to The Lightman Group. Cash poor, Cal has been relegated to handling simple, pedestrian cases that do nothing more than bring in a paycheck. As the episode opened, there was obviously the possibility that Cal was actually at that singles mixer for himself, but it became clear pretty quickly what he was up to once he started grilling that blonde about marital fidelity.
Lightman looked embarrassed that he had to be doing it, but it did lead to a very heated discussion between him and Gillian. It would have been nice to see them argue a bit more about where their income will come from, but then a case that guaranteed to not pay anything wandered in the front door. Good thing, too, because it turned out to be arguably Lie to Me's strongest episode to date.
Everything about the show remains top-notch. The look, the feel, the essence remains as precious as the Emmy-award winning pie-lette (for direction). In fact, that's the only problem with PD; it is precious. For some people that's too much. For me, this is TV that's just too good to care about the delicate balance between surreality and satire, fable and a far-out acid trip.
When I found out Jerry Seinfeld had created a peanut butter sandwich which was being sold exclusively at Peanut Butter and Company in Greenwich Village, I decided I had to try the sandwich myself. The thing is, I don't live in New York City so I put one together based on the information from this article. I'm not sure if I got the peanut butter/honey/cinnamon ratio just right, but I will say that Jerry knows what makes a good sandwich. My suggestion is not to overpower the sandwich with cinnamon. You should taste mostly honey and peanut butter with only a slight hint of cinnamon lingering in the background. Also, one must be careful of honey leakage. It can get messy. You should also make wry observations about random things while you're eating it, just to get the full Seinfeld experience.
(Note: The image on the right comes from the wonderful and funderful site toothpaste for dinner).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 16 Most Blood-Tingling Hookups from 'True Blood'
- '24' at Comic-Con 2014: Issues with Shooting in London, An Alternate Ending and a Movie Update
- ?So You Think You Can Dance? Season 11: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Next Stop...Radio City Music Hall!
- 'Graceland' Recap: Paige Goes Through Hell
- More From BuddyTV
- Freak Show Adds All My Children Alum
- TVLine Items: Mayim's Candid, Conan Is Beheaded, Big Bang Status and More
- Ratings: Fresh Talent Boosts Taxi, Big Brother and SYTYCD Rise, Extant Falls
- Can TV's S.H.I.E.L.D. Not Reassemble Until the May 2015 Avengers Sequel?
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You
- More From TVLine