Final 'Chase' Episodes to Air on Saturdays, Alec Baldwin Wants 'Five More Years' of '30 Rock' and More
According to The Hollywood Reporter, NBC is bringing back the cop procedural -- but only for five weeks. The final five completed episodes will air every Saturday night at 8PM beginning April 23.
NBC initially ordered a full season of 22 episodes, but changed it to 18 in December before pulling the show completely in February.
In other TV news ...
• Alec Baldwin took to his Huffington Post to discuss the '30 Rock' bombshell he dropped a few days ago. "I want to take the opportunity to state that although my days on network TV may be numbered, I hope '30 Rock' goes on forever," he wrote. "Or at least as long as everyone involved desires." [Huffington Post]
• Simon Cowell's American version of 'The X Factor' will have two hosts. Although we don't know who those two people will be just yet, the announcement should be made any day now. Paging Brian Dunkleman... [TV Guide]
• According to star Kat Graham, at least one series regular will die on 'The Vampire Diaries' before the season is through. "Three huge characters are going to die - solid characters - and it's going to change the destiny of the show," she said. The show returns from hiatus tonight. [TV Guide]
I've been watching In Treatment since the first season. At first, I was intrigued by the format (five half-hour episodes each week), and then I got into therapist Paul's story and the sagas of his various patients. The show is, if possible, even better this second season but it's also shown me that I absolutely could not be a therapist. His first patient each week this season is Mia, a former patient who alternates between flirting and intentionally antagonizing him.
She's illegally looked at his legal documents, ignored his policies and rules, pushed him around and been so alternately pissy and clingy you'd think she was bipolar. And somehow Paul sits there as calm as can be, and you know she's driving him crazy underneath. It's a tremendous acting performance by Hope Davis, fully embodying this tragic and tortured soul. It's becoming almost difficult to watch, there's so much "crazy" in the air you never know how she'll react to anything Paul says.
Did you know that HBO aired 27 new episodes of In Treatment last night? Well, OK, three new episodes. But still, that's rather impressive for one show on one night. Did you watch any of them? Here's an open thread to discuss the show with other readers.
Remember all that stuff about Six Degrees coming back? Never mind! ABC has pulled the show yet again. The show returned recently on Friday nights (which was a big surprise in itself), but almost no one watched. The show got terrible ratings. The move takes effect immediately. Something tells me this isn't a good sign for a second season.
So we have The Black Donnellys being pulled in favor of a reality show (The Real Wedding Crashers), and you're probably wondering what will replace Six Degrees in the time slot? That's right, a reality show! But this one is even more hard to take: they're replacing it with reruns of Wife Swap. Gah!
In other shows-going-on-hiatus news, David E. Kelley's The Wedding Bells has stopped production, though the remaining episodes will probably air. But don't hold your breath for a renewal.
(S01E01) This, by far, is the most disappointing new show of the season.
And it pains me to say that, because I like J.J. Abrams and I like stories with lots of characters set in New York City, but this show starts with a concept that turns out to be pretty damn bogus to start with and then does nothing with it.
Here's what's wrong with it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Most Scandalous Moments from 'Downton Abbey'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 19 Moments of Queens, Creatures and Curses from 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
- 'House of Cards': The Rise and Fall of TV's Most Powerful Couple
- More From BuddyTV
- The Good Wife First Look: Finn Is Back — With Another Woman?
- Allison Janney Confirms Masters of Sex Season 3 Return
- Salem Season 2 Trailer Offers First Look at Lucy Lawless' Wicked Arrival
- Pretty Little Liars' Brandon Jones Previews Aria's Future With Andrew
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Chloe Bennet Previews Skye's Inhuman Crisis — Plus: Will New Secrets Shake Up Coulson's Team?
- More From TVLine
- This Cat's Reaction to Having Her Teeth Brushed Is Our New Reaction to Everything
- Madonna's 6 Pieces of Wisdom for Kanye West: 'Sometimes He Takes Things Too Seriously'
- This Guy Pretends He Won An Oscar And They Literally Give Him A Car
- Hugh Jackman Might Have the Most High-Maintenance Hair in Hollywood
- Cameron Diaz Says Sex Is Her Secret to Staying Young
- More From ET