Final 'Chase' Episodes to Air on Saturdays, Alec Baldwin Wants 'Five More Years' of '30 Rock' and More
According to The Hollywood Reporter, NBC is bringing back the cop procedural -- but only for five weeks. The final five completed episodes will air every Saturday night at 8PM beginning April 23.
NBC initially ordered a full season of 22 episodes, but changed it to 18 in December before pulling the show completely in February.
In other TV news ...
• Alec Baldwin took to his Huffington Post to discuss the '30 Rock' bombshell he dropped a few days ago. "I want to take the opportunity to state that although my days on network TV may be numbered, I hope '30 Rock' goes on forever," he wrote. "Or at least as long as everyone involved desires." [Huffington Post]
• Simon Cowell's American version of 'The X Factor' will have two hosts. Although we don't know who those two people will be just yet, the announcement should be made any day now. Paging Brian Dunkleman... [TV Guide]
• According to star Kat Graham, at least one series regular will die on 'The Vampire Diaries' before the season is through. "Three huge characters are going to die - solid characters - and it's going to change the destiny of the show," she said. The show returns from hiatus tonight. [TV Guide]
I've been watching In Treatment since the first season. At first, I was intrigued by the format (five half-hour episodes each week), and then I got into therapist Paul's story and the sagas of his various patients. The show is, if possible, even better this second season but it's also shown me that I absolutely could not be a therapist. His first patient each week this season is Mia, a former patient who alternates between flirting and intentionally antagonizing him.
She's illegally looked at his legal documents, ignored his policies and rules, pushed him around and been so alternately pissy and clingy you'd think she was bipolar. And somehow Paul sits there as calm as can be, and you know she's driving him crazy underneath. It's a tremendous acting performance by Hope Davis, fully embodying this tragic and tortured soul. It's becoming almost difficult to watch, there's so much "crazy" in the air you never know how she'll react to anything Paul says.
Did you know that HBO aired 27 new episodes of In Treatment last night? Well, OK, three new episodes. But still, that's rather impressive for one show on one night. Did you watch any of them? Here's an open thread to discuss the show with other readers.
Remember all that stuff about Six Degrees coming back? Never mind! ABC has pulled the show yet again. The show returned recently on Friday nights (which was a big surprise in itself), but almost no one watched. The show got terrible ratings. The move takes effect immediately. Something tells me this isn't a good sign for a second season.
So we have The Black Donnellys being pulled in favor of a reality show (The Real Wedding Crashers), and you're probably wondering what will replace Six Degrees in the time slot? That's right, a reality show! But this one is even more hard to take: they're replacing it with reruns of Wife Swap. Gah!
In other shows-going-on-hiatus news, David E. Kelley's The Wedding Bells has stopped production, though the remaining episodes will probably air. But don't hold your breath for a renewal.
(S01E01) This, by far, is the most disappointing new show of the season.
And it pains me to say that, because I like J.J. Abrams and I like stories with lots of characters set in New York City, but this show starts with a concept that turns out to be pretty damn bogus to start with and then does nothing with it.
Here's what's wrong with it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from ?Paris Is Burning?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 7.4 Photos: The Heaven and Hell Ball
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: Sexual Foibles
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Recap: Who Are the Heretics?
- 'Project Runway' Recap: The Production Crew Get Makeovers
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: 'Tonya, You Negligent Slut!'
- Scandal Recap: White House Frown
- Heroes Reborn Recap: Suicide Squad
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Secrets and Spies, Plus: The Witnesses as Roomies
- The Originals Premiere: EP Talks Klaus and Cami's Hurdle, Hayley's Surprising Return and That Twisted Prophecy
- More From TVLine
- Jill Zarin's Says She's 'a Little Off' Since Her Car Accident
- Star Sightings October 2015
- David Foster Praises Wife Yolanda's Courage During Her Battle With Lyme Disease
- Gigi Hadid Gets Emotional About Her Family's Battle With Lyme Disease
- Jon Gosselin Wishes Twins Mady and Cara a Happy 15th Birthday With Throwback Pic
- More From ET