"There's a certain trial and error process with any creative endeavor," Gordon said in an interview with AOL TV on Wednesday. "It's really a math and business decision married to a creative decision. We could have kept going, but we felt we could learn from our mistakes."
Those mistakes, Gordon said, are not major; he said that the studio and network are "happy" with what they've seen so far. But 'Awake,' which stars Jason Isaacs as a cop whose son is dead in one reality and who finds himself a widower in the other, debuts at mid-season and thus has what Gordon called "the luxury of time." The temporary production halt means that Killen and Gordon can spend those weeks fine-tuning their approach well before the show debuts (probably in January, Gordon said).
(S08E06) "If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, we don't do that anymore." - Hastings to Jack, on using unsavory methods with the Russians
Oh, snap. The Russians may have bought Renee's cover, but that doesn't mean she's out of danger. Just the opposite, especially given the fact that she's a loose cannon and doesn't seem to care whether she lives or dies at this point. Or maybe that's not necessarily true.
First, the hats: FOX gave critics Yankees and Mets-ish looking baseball caps to commemorate the season.The caps were fitted, and they were HUGE; they were too big for even my 7.5-sized melon. But I took 'em anyway, because they looked cool.
The reporters pretty much got at the question of another season right away, and as far as Kiefer Sutherland and executive producer Howard Gordon is concerned, they'll keep doing the show as long as FOX wants them to.
Stop the presses!
Jack Bauer will be around for two more days, according to a new Fox press release. Not that this is a surprise, given that last spring Kiefer Sutherland signed a $40 million, three-year contract for his role as a terrorist hunter.
Meanwhile, it looks like 24 -- winner of 5 Emmys and 51-time nominee -- will likely move its Jack-tion out of LA, according to Hollywood Reporter.
Howard Gordon, showrunner and executive producer, told the Reporter that Jack Bauer's seventh bad day will be completely unlike his sixth. "We're recreating the series," he said.
[Via Futon Critic.]
In a recent interview, producer/writer Howard Gordon told the press that he has been dramatically affected by the criticism 24 has gotten from its fans. It would seem that the show is in for a big change and I, for one, don't like it.
I was discussing the show with some friends the other day and one of them was saying they think the show has gone too far. "I mean, how can Jack get released from torturous imprisonment and be ready to save the world without a break?" they asked. Quite frankly, I was offended.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal Photos: Bindi Irwin and the PenaVegas
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Results Recap: The 1st 5 Acts Advance to the Finals
- 'MasterChef' Interview: For Charlie and Ailsa, No Trophy but No Regrets
- [Videos] 'Castle' Season 8 Spoilers: Ryan's Paranoid, Kate and Castle's New Family Dynamic and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- More From TVLine
- Demi Lovato Pumps Herself Up Before a Show in the Most Inspiring Way
- Q&A: Maddie & Tae Are Headed on 'An Incredible Journey' With 'Start Here' Debut
- EXCLUSIVE: Joy Behar Jokes That 'A Lot of Therapy' Prepared Her for Return to 'The View'
- Janice Dickinson Collapses on Live TV After Reported Bee Sting
- EXCLUSIVE! 'You're the Worst' Sneak Peek: Jimmy and Gretchen Are Awful Roommates (& That's Why We Love Them)
- More From ET