Yet another in a long line of multi-platform series is being whipped up, this time by NBC. The new daytime show, iVillage Live, will debut on NBC on December 4 at noon. iVillage is an online site for women that was acquired by NBC. The show will take place at the Universal Orlando Resort and will cover the usual daytime talk show stuff like family, parenting, health, beauty, etc. The series will also air on Bravo and on the iVillage.com Web site. In order to bring the online and televised aspects together, people will be able to chat online during the show and have the text displayed on a scroll at the bottom of the television screen. They can also text questions to the show on their mobile phones. Basically, it sounds like TRL, but for adult women. Episodes will also be archived on the Web site.
I have to say, I don't quite see the appeal here, and it's not because of my natural male aversion to daytime gab fests. The mish-mash of a live show mixed with the random text messaged thoughts of everyday people might work for MTV, but I'm not sure grown ups will really latch on to such an idea. It's all going to depend how they approach it, but based on the description of this show alone, it sounds like a messy attempt at synergy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- More From TVLine
- Finally! Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Photographed Together Again
- Josh Duggar May Be Dropped From '19 Kids and Counting', Cancels Speaking Event
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Happy Anniversary, Kimye! Take a Look Back at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's First Year of Marriage
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- More From ET