Yet another in a long line of multi-platform series is being whipped up, this time by NBC. The new daytime show, iVillage Live, will debut on NBC on December 4 at noon. iVillage is an online site for women that was acquired by NBC. The show will take place at the Universal Orlando Resort and will cover the usual daytime talk show stuff like family, parenting, health, beauty, etc. The series will also air on Bravo and on the iVillage.com Web site. In order to bring the online and televised aspects together, people will be able to chat online during the show and have the text displayed on a scroll at the bottom of the television screen. They can also text questions to the show on their mobile phones. Basically, it sounds like TRL, but for adult women. Episodes will also be archived on the Web site.
I have to say, I don't quite see the appeal here, and it's not because of my natural male aversion to daytime gab fests. The mish-mash of a live show mixed with the random text messaged thoughts of everyday people might work for MTV, but I'm not sure grown ups will really latch on to such an idea. It's all going to depend how they approach it, but based on the description of this show alone, it sounds like a messy attempt at synergy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Fear The Walking Dead: Full-On Zombie Outbreak 'Delayed' Until Season 2
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Kyle Chandler in a Ladies' Locker Room: Behind the Scenes of That FNL PSA
- Lucy Lawless on Xena: Warrior Princess Reboot: 'I'd Love to See it Happen'
- Humans Sneak Peek: A Spooked Karen Confesses Her Secret to Pete
- More From TVLine
- Stars as Cute Kids: The Most Adorable #TBTs
- Coach Taylor is Back! Kyle Chandler Reprises His Beloved 'Friday Night Lights' Role for an Important PSA
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Gathers for Wake, Prepares for Memorial Service
- Nick Gordon Begs Family to Attend Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral -- See What He Said
- Pro Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dies at 61
- More From ET