Heck, I haven't even written about last night's AMC cocktail party and the comic stylings of Jon Hamm yet. That'll come when I get a chance. The latest info and quips will always be on our Twitter feed if you're curious.
For now, though, some highlights of the day:
Crews was always the funniest character on Everybody Hates Chris, and seeing him as the fish out of water marrying into an instant family should give him plenty of opportunity for laughs. It's nice to see that shows featuring predominantly African American casts are still being developed somewhere since they've left network television completely now with the cancellation of The CW's comedies.
Ice Cube is producing a new reality series pilot for A&E called Good in the Hood. The plan is for each episode to be introduced by Ice Cube and then focus on a former gang member, drug dealer or robber as they try to help somebody in a similar situation turn their life around.
I've expressed my distaste for reality programming in the past, but this is a good example of how many sub-genres existed within the reality show genre, and not all of them are that bad. I really like the idea of people who once took from society do what they can to give something back, and to understand that it is possible to change. It's a great idea, and if done well, I think A&E may have another hit on its hands.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- 'Suits': 17 Soul-Crushing Moments from 'We're Done'
- 'Extant' Episode 5 Photos: Molly and Ethan in Trouble
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: Leno's Words of Wisdom
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 HoHs?
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Throw a Ball In Julia Roberts' Face
- Did Adrienne Bailon Just Throw Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape In the Mix?
- Was Pee-wee Herman Almost In 'Guardians of the Galaxy'?!
- Bikini-Clad Kim Kardashian Posts Beach Pics of Her and North West
- Kelly Rowland Reveals Her Favorite Post-Pregnancy Advice
- More From ET