According to Entertainment Weekly, the shows will air quarterly.
In a statement, Griffin said "I went to Bravo and told them I thought I was being a little too nice in my stand up specials. They agreed ... and gave me four more. Let the fur fly."
In other TV news ...
• Illeana Douglas has been cast as Lily's older sister on 'Gossip Girl.' Krysten Ritter played Carol in last season's flashback episode. [TV Line]
• Grant Show will pop up in the Jan. 16 premiere of 'Big Love.' The former 'Melrose Place' resident will play a "spiritual marketing guru." [EW]
• 'NCIS' is planning an origin story for Tony. "The episode will reveal much about DiNozzo's past as a Baltimore cop," said executive producer Shane Brennan. [TV Line]
Reports last week had Hagman dropped from the project, but the former 'I Dream of Jeannie' star told TV Guide he is unaware of the the negotiation halt.
"We were talking about money, but I didn't know it was going to come to a crashing halt like that," Hagman told TV Guide. "You got a scoop for whatever that's worth: Larry Hagman doesn't know what's going on!"
In November, Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray were in talks to join the TNT series. Hagman read the script and said he liked it. It features a single J.R. who hasn't changed much.
"I thought I wanted to do it, but I didn't know it had come to this," he said. "We were so close to [a deal], I didn't know there was an issue. I thought more or less we had it down, unless this is a scare tactic. But I don't need to be scared at my age.
"I'd miss playing with Patrick and Linda, that's for sure, because we're all buddies," he said.
In other casting news ...
• Michaela McManus is heading to 'Hawaii Five-0.' The former 'Law & Order: SVU' assistant district attorney will play Kathleen Roberts, a district attorney who works with Grace Park's character Kono. McManus is currently recurring on 'The Vampire Diaries.' [TV Guide]
• 'So You Think You Can Dance' host Cat Deeley is coming to the Disney Channel. The host will appear on an episode of 'Shake it Up' as the school's assistant principal. [EW]
• Matt Dillon will guest star on 'Modern Family' as Claire's ex-boyfriend. Dillon will show up as the new boyfriend of Claire's mom, DeDe. [EW]
Illeana Douglas will play the sister of Mrs. Ari Gold (Peery Reeves) later this season on the HBO comedy-drama, according to the Hollywood Reporter (via Reuters). Douglas may return next season as well.
Things aren't exactly going smoothly between Mrs. Ari and Ari, Hollywood's most powerful agent, played Jeremy Piven; the demands of Ari's work has irked Mrs. Ari in a recent 'Entourage' plotline.
(S02E04) I felt like I was watching a bizarro version of Ugly Betty this week. Betty was a cheater, Justin belched, and the guy from Dawson's Creek was an insensitive jerk! What's next--Hilda dressing conservatively? There were several unpleasant surprises in this episode, but Gio's absence probably made some of the viewers happy. It's always difficult to watch the episodes where obstacles are set up for each character, but how else can there be a happy ending later on? Still, it took a while to get over the shock of seeing Justin wearing his Dad's leather jacket and hearing him say things like "Whatevs."
(S02E01) Betty's back! The season premiere was an excellent bookend to last season's finale. While the finale ended on a sad note, tonight's premiere let the characters confront their problems and look ahead to the future. This episode was all about letting go of the past and starting fresh, something that many of the characters desperately needed to do.
Illeana is making television news this week with the YouTube premiere of her show Illeanarama. The pilot episode features Douglas, Christopher Guest regular Jane Lynch and Justine Bateman as herself. The premise is cute so long as you're not offended by rich people finding humor in what it would be like for them to live among the great unwashed. Illeana dumps her Hollywood career for life as a grocery story clerk. Once word gets out that working for a living is the hottest fashion statement (like adopting a third world babies?), more celebrities appear on the scene. Future episodes will feature Gene Wilder, Jeff Goldblum and Ed Begley Jr. For the time being, you can only see them online care of Zeitbyte.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET