September 22, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Reign DVD Video: Adelaide Kane Examines Mary's Journey to the Throne
- Friends Pilot Revisited 20 Years Later: The Hair! The Clothes! The Mistake?
- NBC's Peter Pan Live! Casts Broadway Actress Taylor Louderman as Wendy
- NCIS' Sean Murray Previews 'Classic' Season 12, McGee/Gibbs Bonding
- The Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: 'Captain Booty' Lays Down the Law
- More From TVLine
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About 'Big Bang Theory' Before the Season 8 Premiere!
- Kanye West Is Now Teaching a College!
- What We Learned From This High School Football Player's Spectacularly Inspiring Interview
- 14 People Who Already Broke Their iPhone 6
- More From ET