October 8, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 5th 2010 2:08PM
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- 'The Walking Dead' Interview: How Loyal are Michonne and Glenn to Rick?
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 3
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars' New Intro: See All 5 Girls in the Season 6B Title Sequence
- The Voice: Pre-Battle Rounds Rankings for Each Season 9 Team
- TVLine Items: The Librarians Trailer, Boehner Off Tonight Show and More
- AHS Ratings: Huge Opening for Hotel
- NCIS: New Orleans First Look: Bakula and the Team Get Red Dress'd Up
- More From TVLine
- Cathriona White's Funeral Plans Set, Will Jim Carrey Attend?
- Katie Holmes Derails a Photoshoot, Hits Penn Station in Heels and a Ballgown
- Tom Hanks Channels 'Forrest Gump' During Run Through Times Square
- Snooki Says She's Going to 'Trick' Husband Jionni Into Getting Her Pregnant Again
- EXCLUSIVE: Gia and Joe Giudice Prep for Teresa's 'Perfect' Holiday Homecoming
- More From ET