The Independent Spirit Awards, the hipster cousin to the Oscars, announced their 2010 nominations.
Speaking of Oscars, Gary Susman breaks down possible nominees for Best Actor at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards next year, ranging from "The Locks" (George Clooney) to "Don't Forget" (Patton Oswalt).
(Sun., 8PM, ABC)
Hugh Jackman's hosting, a Baz Luhrman musical number will pair Jackman with Beyonce and Zac Efron and producers are talking about having new mom M.I.A. perform her Oscar-nominated 'Slumdog Millionaire' song from a bed.
In other words, this Oscar telecast could have us all longing for the days when Rob Lowe did a little song-and-dance with Snow White.
Amongst all the, ahem, unique telecast plans, a few little golden guys will also be doled out, of course, with favorites including comeback kid Mickey Rourke ('The Wrestler') for Best Actor, Kate Winslet ('The Reader') for Best Actress and the aforementioned gem 'Slumdog' for Best Picture.
For the first time, the MTV Movie Awards is going to be broadcast live, and host Sarah Silverman promises there will be some controversial moments.
Adam told you a couple of months ago about Silverman being chosen as host of the annual show. This year it's being produced by Survivor mastermind Mark Burnett, who seems to have a hand in almost every show on the air right now, with the possible exception of The Mclaughlin Group. Silverman has already had simulated sex with a block of cheese at the Independent Spirit Awards (hmmm...must have missed that), and she tells USA Today: "The truth is, I'll probably be swearing a lot. But I don't think it will be any less funny. It will be fun to flirt with the conventions of live television. There's no way it's going to go totally smoothly, and I know, as a viewer, I'm always watching for the evidence of the 'liveness.' "
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Simpsons' come to Florida: Universal Studios is building Springfield
- 'American Idol' stabbing: Candice versus Kree leads to blood
- 'Rookie Blue' Season 4 premiere recap: 'Surprises,' indeed
- 'Showville' premiere: Blaine is the stool capital of the world
- 'Save Me' series premiere: Never has a title been more accurate
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Friday: Audra McDonald Sings, XIII Tries on Another Life, Maron Is Tied Up and More
- Did NBC's Save Me Make You a Convert?
- Sons of Anarchy Casts Shield Vet CCH Pounder
- TV Season Champs: NCIS Outdraws Sunday Night Football, Top-Rated New Comedies All Got Axed
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More
- More From TVLine