The Independent Spirit Awards, the hipster cousin to the Oscars, announced their 2010 nominations.
Speaking of Oscars, Gary Susman breaks down possible nominees for Best Actor at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards next year, ranging from "The Locks" (George Clooney) to "Don't Forget" (Patton Oswalt).
(Sun., 8PM, ABC)
Hugh Jackman's hosting, a Baz Luhrman musical number will pair Jackman with Beyonce and Zac Efron and producers are talking about having new mom M.I.A. perform her Oscar-nominated 'Slumdog Millionaire' song from a bed.
In other words, this Oscar telecast could have us all longing for the days when Rob Lowe did a little song-and-dance with Snow White.
Amongst all the, ahem, unique telecast plans, a few little golden guys will also be doled out, of course, with favorites including comeback kid Mickey Rourke ('The Wrestler') for Best Actor, Kate Winslet ('The Reader') for Best Actress and the aforementioned gem 'Slumdog' for Best Picture.
For the first time, the MTV Movie Awards is going to be broadcast live, and host Sarah Silverman promises there will be some controversial moments.
Adam told you a couple of months ago about Silverman being chosen as host of the annual show. This year it's being produced by Survivor mastermind Mark Burnett, who seems to have a hand in almost every show on the air right now, with the possible exception of The Mclaughlin Group. Silverman has already had simulated sex with a block of cheese at the Independent Spirit Awards (hmmm...must have missed that), and she tells USA Today: "The truth is, I'll probably be swearing a lot. But I don't think it will be any less funny. It will be fun to flirt with the conventions of live television. There's no way it's going to go totally smoothly, and I know, as a viewer, I'm always watching for the evidence of the 'liveness.' "
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- The Late Late Show With James Corden Gets March Premiere Date
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Kelly McCreary Promoted to Series Regular
- Once Upon a Time Supersizes November Sweeps Episode
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- TLC 'Reassessing' Future of 'Honey Boo Boo' After Child Molestation Allegations Surface
- Zach Galifianakis Asks Brad Pitt About Jennifer Aniston's 'Friends' on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Zelda Williams Gets New Tattoo In Memory of Father Robin Williams
- More From ET