We're doing some spring cleaning here at AOL TV, and big changes are coming to the Inside TV blog in April.
In a few weeks, Inside TV will be joining forces with TV Squad to create a bigger, better TV blog. The blog will keep the TV Squad name and URL, and get a fresh new look (seen in the screen shot above).
More details and screen shots, after the jump ...
A big change is coming to TV Squad in April, and I wanted to let our loyal fans in on the plans ahead of time.
At some point next month, your favorite TV blog will be combining forces with the Inside TV blog from AOL TV to create a bigger, better TV Squad. In the process, we're going to be getting a new look, which is depicted above and in screen shots after the jump.
What does that mean for you, loyal TV Squad reader? Well, a few things:
A cleaner look: The new site's look will be a little less cluttered than our current version, which was redesigned eons ago in internet terms (2007, to be exact). This will allow for a more appealing viewing experience. It allows us to display bigger pictures and videos, and we'll be able to have some more flexibility with our format.
More voices, but a familiar tone: In addition to the TV Squad writers you know and love/hate, we'll also be incorporating the excellent writers at Inside TV. But don't worry; we'll still be the same opinionated dorks we've always been.
In fact, our writers will be more opinionated than ever. In the near future, expect to see longer-form opinion essays, critical pieces, lists, columns and other features from both your favorite Squadders as well as the Inside TV team. You might have noticed some of that already; expect more in the coming months.
One of the most infamous moments resurfaced on television when Cavett made a guest appearance on Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night'. Cavett recalled one episode that the public never got to see because a guest, Dr. James Rodale, actually died on tape.
The episode has never seen the light of day even though the tape still reportedly exists in the network's vault, but Kathy Starcher of Bridgeport, Conn. sat in the audience for that show and recalled what it was like to watch a TV moment that only a few people have ever seen. Read our interview with Mrs. Starcher after the jump about her fleeting foray into TV history.
- Everything you need to know about this issue of Inside TV is right smack dab on the cover!
- There's a rundown on everything that TomKat has been up to lately (with photos!), in a title that sums it all up nicely: "Crazy In Love."
- Matt Lauer: How he keeps his marriage sexy. Oh God.
- The 24 Diet. Yup, that's right, a diet plan based on the FOX show. This has "let's try to tie this article to a TV show somehow" written all over it. Read it and you'll say "what the hell does this have to do with 24, except for doing things at a certain time?" Some of the tips: 8 am, eat 5 egg whites. 9am, glass of water. 11 am, glass of water. Noon, a large vegetable salad. 1pm, 2 glasses of water. 4pm, two sticks of sugarless gum. 8 pm, floss and brush. 9 pm, rent a DVD...unless it's Monday, then you should watch 24. Ah, there's the connection! (What, no exercise tip that says "6pm: get tortured, then beat up bad guys?") I suggest the Lost diet: eat nothing but fruit and fish for 40 days. For exercise, outrun invisible monsters and evil kidnappers.
- Inside TV "finds" Erin Murphy, Tabitha from Bewitched. Which couldn't have been too hard, considering she's been in the public eye for the past 20 years and is currently doing a ton of press for the new movie.
- On the cover: the 10 best dressed celebs at the Daytime Emmys.
- Stupid poll of the day: what repeat did you watch last Thursday night, CBS' Cold Case ("I like revisiting old shows and seeing how the show has evolved") or Bravo's The West Wing ("Since this awesome show is canceled, I have to catch the reruns"). First off, what a bizarrely specific, needless poll. What repeat did we watch last Thursday at 8? If we're talking across the dial, why single out Cold Case on one of the big four networks and The West Wing over on cable? And The West Wing is canceled? Huh? This is a TV magazine, right?
- You can get your horoscope (scroll down) too. Though who the hell knows what this has to do with TV. Anne Heche's birthday was May 25: "Anne is still stunning, gorgeous, talented, and straight." Probably. Maybe.
- Play Spellbound. Sort of the poor man's Boggle. But, again, it has nothing to do with TV.
- Enter a contest to win a cameo on your favorite show (if your favorite show is Veronica Mars, Two and a Half Men, Cold Case, Medium, or Girlfriends).
Personally, I can't imagine a day when I won't buy TV Guide. It's very comforting to have it on the coffee table, and I don't want to have to go online every single time I'm sitting on the couch at 12:37 am, eating Doritos, trying to figure out what else to watch because Paris Hilton is on Conan. In this piece in the New York Times, John Motavalli discusses the launch of TV Guide's new TV mag, Inside TV (aimed at "young women") and the future of TV Guide itself, whether it can survive in a world where a lot of younger people get their news about television online (here at TV Squad!) and even get there customized listings online. I think there is a place for TV Guide, and here's how they can stick around. For one thing, stop trying to make the magazine look like a web site. I'd rather they go back to listing all the shows in a regular format like they used to and ditch those stupid grids that seem easier to read but are just too damn confusing. And how about listing the shows in the daytime and late night instead of generic grids that are no help whatsoever (telling me that "various sports programs" are on during the day on ESPN is of no help to me). TV Guide has to go back to where it was in the 60s and 70s and 80s, complete listings and descriptions for the shows, in-depth articles, and not change. That's how it will be different and stand out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- More From TVLine
- Lena Dunham Gets a Running Coach: I Used to 'Run Like a Wounded Baby Pterodactyl'
- Source: Ben Affleck's Former Nanny 'Tipped Off the Paparazzi' About Los Angeles Rendezvous
- Britney Spears Flashes a Huge Smile While Doing a Perfect Split in a Tiny Bikini
- Mick Jagger's Son James Looks Just Like Him!
- Salma Hayek: Racism in America Is the 'Big Elephant in the Room'
- More From ET