Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 7
However, it seems that things on the boardwalk have taken a turn for the worse since then, and not even some Bo Derek cornrows or a sunscreen bottle full of tequila could make it better for the gang.
Somehow, the hapless Dee and Dennis end up getting high on PCP and then are accomplices in an armed robbery that goes tragically wrong.
It's like '10' meets 'Casino' as the pair are told to "DIG!" a grave in the sand.
By now, fans of 'Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia' have heard about Rob McElhenney's massive weight gain, which will be prominently featured in Season 7 (premieres Thurs., Sept. 15, 10PM ET on FX). You've probably even seen a few pictures of him looking quite a bit plumper. But, trust us -- you haven't seen him like this.
I visited the 'Sunny' set to get scoop on the new season -- including the upcoming high school reunion and an episode inspired by 'Toddlers & Tiaras' (more on that before the season premieres) -- and I got a very big surprise: Mac at his fattest point.
"We call him Fat Mac and he says, 'Well, will you call me Big Mac?' and I say, 'I'll call you Big Fat Mac,'" Glenn Howerton jokes. "But not just Big Mac, because Big Mac implies muscles and sort of strength."
And what does his loving wife Kaitlin Olson have to say about it? "People are gonna think you got fat and we had to write it in!" Yeah, we did kind of think that for a bit, but apparently this was all for comedy's sake.
Check out our video interviews to see Mac at his heaviest, and to hear about the side effects of his extreme weight gain, including a possibly not funny fatty liver and a completely destroyed metabolism.
FX Scoop: Elijah Wood's Talking Dog, 'It's Always Sunny' Gets Musical Again, Plus More 'Justified' and 'Sons of Anarchy'
See that photo? Sadly, it's probably as close as we'll get to our dream of a 'Justified'-meets-'Sons of Anarchy' crossover episode.
But there were plenty of other things to be excited about from last night's FX upfront presentation at the Lucky Strike Lanes in New York, which the network combined with bowling, libations, yummy snacks and an impressive lineup of the FX talent.
Earlier in the day, the network confirmed a third-season pickup for Wednesday-night drama 'Justified,' as well as a third season for animated spy comedy 'Archer.' Casts of both shows were in attendance at the upfront Tuesday night, along with the entire cast of 'Sons of Anarchy,' the male contingent of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia,' Louis C.K. from 'Louis,' the cast of 'The League' and John Scurti from 'Rescue Me.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Gotham' Episode 7 Photos: Will Gordon Regret His Decision to Let Penguin Live?
- 'Bones' Episode 10.6 Photos: The Team Chases Goats for Evidence
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals': The 16 Most Memorable Moments from 'Every Mother's Son'
- 'Castle': 23 Times Kids Stole the Show in 'Child's Play'
- More From BuddyTV
- The CW Grants Full-Season Orders to The Flash, Jane the Virgin
- The Bridge Cancelled at FX
- Parenthood Sneak Peek: Adam and Kristina Show Max What Love Is
- TVLine Items: Five-0's Latest Lost Reunion, Y&R Vet to B&B and More
- Person of Interest Video: Root Sheds Her Latest Persona... and Then Some
- More From TVLine
- Scott Foley: I Had to Google 'Eiffel Tower' After Reading the 'Scandal' Script
- Can You Guess This Emmy-Nominated Actress From Her Very First Acting Gig?
- Sarah Jessica Parker Busted For Shoe Shoot at Carrie Bradshaw's House
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- Singing Nun from Italy's 'The Voice' Takes on Madonna's 'Like a Virgin': Watch Now!
- More From ET