Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 7
However, it seems that things on the boardwalk have taken a turn for the worse since then, and not even some Bo Derek cornrows or a sunscreen bottle full of tequila could make it better for the gang.
Somehow, the hapless Dee and Dennis end up getting high on PCP and then are accomplices in an armed robbery that goes tragically wrong.
It's like '10' meets 'Casino' as the pair are told to "DIG!" a grave in the sand.
By now, fans of 'Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia' have heard about Rob McElhenney's massive weight gain, which will be prominently featured in Season 7 (premieres Thurs., Sept. 15, 10PM ET on FX). You've probably even seen a few pictures of him looking quite a bit plumper. But, trust us -- you haven't seen him like this.
I visited the 'Sunny' set to get scoop on the new season -- including the upcoming high school reunion and an episode inspired by 'Toddlers & Tiaras' (more on that before the season premieres) -- and I got a very big surprise: Mac at his fattest point.
"We call him Fat Mac and he says, 'Well, will you call me Big Mac?' and I say, 'I'll call you Big Fat Mac,'" Glenn Howerton jokes. "But not just Big Mac, because Big Mac implies muscles and sort of strength."
And what does his loving wife Kaitlin Olson have to say about it? "People are gonna think you got fat and we had to write it in!" Yeah, we did kind of think that for a bit, but apparently this was all for comedy's sake.
Check out our video interviews to see Mac at his heaviest, and to hear about the side effects of his extreme weight gain, including a possibly not funny fatty liver and a completely destroyed metabolism.
FX Scoop: Elijah Wood's Talking Dog, 'It's Always Sunny' Gets Musical Again, Plus More 'Justified' and 'Sons of Anarchy'
See that photo? Sadly, it's probably as close as we'll get to our dream of a 'Justified'-meets-'Sons of Anarchy' crossover episode.
But there were plenty of other things to be excited about from last night's FX upfront presentation at the Lucky Strike Lanes in New York, which the network combined with bowling, libations, yummy snacks and an impressive lineup of the FX talent.
Earlier in the day, the network confirmed a third-season pickup for Wednesday-night drama 'Justified,' as well as a third season for animated spy comedy 'Archer.' Casts of both shows were in attendance at the upfront Tuesday night, along with the entire cast of 'Sons of Anarchy,' the male contingent of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia,' Louis C.K. from 'Louis,' the cast of 'The League' and John Scurti from 'Rescue Me.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET