With the announcement that the unaired pilot of Aquaman would become a downloadable video courtesy of iTunes I began to ponder all of the television shows that took place, or featured characters that lived, under the sea. After some extensive research (about five minutes) I discovered that there weren't many. So, as a public service to you, the dedicated TV Squad reader, I present the following list of underwater shows. Please put on your wet suits.
Surface: This on the list first because it was the most recent show telecast that featured underwater creatures. Only lasting one season on NBC (despite a strong fan base) the show starred Lake Bell as an oceanographer who is attacked by an unknown life-form in the Pacific Ocean. After that initial encounter, things go a little bonkers on planet Earth, including stars falling from the sky into the water, and unknown creatures washing up on public beaches. A cliffhanger episode was aired at the end of the first season, but was left up in the air due to the show's cancellation.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sharknado 2' Interview: Why the Sequel Will 'Surpass Expectations'
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim and Kanye's Marriage Trouble Rumors
- 'The Strain' Recap: Nightmare Symptoms and Bad Parenting
- 'True Blood' Recap: Has Sookie Sentenced Bill to the True Death?
- 'Rising Star' Recap: Who's in the Round of 13?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Wipeout, Rising Star Hit Lows
- Bates Motel Cast, EP Talk Norma's 'Innocence' and Romero's Backstory, Defend 'Desperate' Finale Kiss
- Orphan Black Cast Talks New Clone, 'Scary' Kiss, 'Badass' Donnie and More
- Supernatural Duo Sample Musical-ish Ep, Weigh In on '20 Seasons' Rumor
- The Leftovers Recap: Can We Talk?
- More From TVLine