'The Playboy Club' Finds a Home in Salt Lake City, Joe Manganiello Books 'White Collar' Role & More TV News
According to TV Guide, the fall series will air on KMYU, the Salt Lake City affiliate of MyNetworkTV. The new crime drama is set in the 1960s at a Playboy Club in Chicago.
"We respect the position of KSL and are pleased that KMYU can provide a home for 'The Playboy Club,'" Steve Carlston, vice president and general manager of KMYU, said. "This highly anticipated crime drama will now have the opportunity to be seen by the viewers throughout (the Salt Lake City market)."
NBC affiliate KSL refused to air 'The Playboy Club' over issues it has with the Playboy brand.
In other TV news ...
Lost may have been shut out at this year's Golden Globe awards, but the drama has another shot at victory at this year's BAFTA's. The nominations for the British Academy Television Awards were recently announced, and Lost received its first nomination ever. The Academy created a new International category this year, recognizing non-British series from every genre.
Lost is going up against a set of three American shows. The other nominees are Entourage, House, and My Name is Earl. Strange company. Executive producers J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, and Jack Bender were named in the nominations earlier this week. The drama is also up for several Saturn awards; winners will be announced May 10.
The BAFTA winners will be announced in a ceremony in London on May 20.
Wizard Entertainment recently published an interview with Lost director-producer Jack Bender, who directed last week's episode "The Man From Tallahassee." Bender discusses the inspiration for the show's visual elements, and goes into detail about the filming of several popular episodes. The complete interview features tons of technical information, but here are the most relevant highlights:
- The Lost pilot was the most expensive television pilot ever made.
- Bender thinks that the show is more about the characters' internal "monsters" than the monsters that exist on the island.
Vincent the Dog had better not run afoul of the law anytime soon, because another dog has been added to the Lost cast. Lulu, an Airedale terrier mix, is an adopted pet of Jack Bender, an executive producer and director on the show. The dog, who was adopted locally from the Hawaiian Humane Society, has quickly become regarded as the show's mascot due to her frequent visits to the set.
Lulu's addition to the Lost cast came about through a technicality. Since animals are not normally allowed on set, Bender "cast" Lulu in an upcoming episode so she could come to work with him. Bender did not reveal the episode in which Lulu will make her acting debut. Vincent, however, will be seen in this week's 'Tricia Tanaka Is Dead.' Rumor has it that Vincent will reappear on the beach with an unusual surprise for Hurley.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Season Finale: 21 Heartbreaking Moments from 'I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive'
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'MasterChef' Season Premiere Recap: Apron Extravaganza
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 11 - 'Family Ties
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 10 - 'Fakin' It'
- 'Nashville' season finale: Everyone's alive, everyone's a mess
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 8 finale: Who fell victim to The Replicator?
- 'Modern Family' Season 4 finale: 'Goodnight, Gracie' ends with a Dunphy funeral
- More From Zap2it
- Chicago Fire Finale Recap: Baby Fever! [Updated]
- Criminal Minds Finale Recap: The Replicator Is Unmasked, But Not Before Striking Back
- Nashville Season Finale Recap: Truth, Consequences and Black Boxer Briefs [Updated]
- Idology: Cheering Candice Glover's Season 12 Win, Debating Finale Highs and Lows, Envisioning Changes for a Brighter Idol Future!
- Law & Order: SVU Season Finale Shocker: Is [Spoiler] Leaving the Show?!
- More From TVLine