As the hosts tossed out names to her, she gave descriptions of her former co-stars, flings, and lovers. Morgan Freeman was "monumental and so sexy." Jack Nicholson was a "dirty, dirty boy." She dated Marlon Brando for more than six years, but went mum on details about him. She did try to make Brando jealous at one point by dating Elvis Presley, whom she called "beautiful but boring."
According to Moreno, the ploy worked, and "it made Marlon cah-razy," which impressed the audience and the hosts. "You are a spicy little thing, Rita Moreno," said Holly Robinson Peete.
Luckily, she didn't seem to mind reminiscing with Jay Leno about all the time she spent courtside with her father and brother. Certainly those are probably very happy memories for her.
There is, however, one truth that she appears to have completely missed.
It was a night of praise for the creator of such classic films as 'The Graduate,' 'Working Girl' and 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' "You're more than a great director," Dustin Hoffman said to his friend. "You're a real artist down to your toes."
The one puzzling speech of the night came from Jack Nicholson -- who arrived late to the ceremony to begin with. "This is so wonderful what everyone is saying about you," Jack told the director. But the actor then continued with this head-scratching comment: "I have to say, remember, Mike: even oysters have enemies."
Huh? Say what now? "Even oysters have enemies?" If anyone figures out exactly what that means, please do let us know.
It's perhaps even bigger than the NFL or any other major league. And that's one reason why the NBA is not the number one sport in America, but it is the number one marketed sport. That's a point illustrated in the new promo for the TNT broadcasts featuring music and movie stars Jamie Foxx and Justin Timberlake extolling the virtues of the NBA playoffs.
See, that's the problem with My Own Worst Enemy. It's familiar but not in a cool way. Rather it's derivative and not very compelling. NBC is already doing a double life, super secret spy thing much better in the ratings-challenged Chuck.
The obvious appeal of My Own Worst Enemy is two-fold: lots of action including cool gadgets, cars (thank you, GM), guns, blood and the mystery, combined with the charm and complexity of Christian Slater. Slater's a fun actor, a sort of Jack Nicholson only younger. I remember when he first started on Ryan's Hope! He's got something.
This will be third time someone has made a go of adapting the film for television. I can't help but think think of this as a more serious Charmed. Will the male antagonist, played by Jack Nicholson in the film, remain throughout the series, or will he just be an early problem dealt with by the three witchy leads? Considering Friedman's resume also includes the horridly under-appreciated Jack and Bobby and the brilliant Once and Again, there are a lot of ways she could go with this.
- PBS has a new Antiques Roadshow. Check local listings.
- At 8pm, ABC has a new two hour Wife Swap, followed by a new Bachelor, where the women the guy rejected come back and insult him (and each other).
- FOX has a new House tonight at 8 (?), followed by a new 24.
- CBS has all repeats: King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Courting Alex, and CSI: Miami.
- NBC has The Olympics.
- The WB is showing Agent Cody Banks at 8, while UPN has new eps of One on One, All of Us, Girlfriends, and Half & Half.
- Four great Friends repeats at 8 on TBS: the first two are about Phoebe's stepbrother asking her to have his kids, and the other two focus on Rachel's crush on Joshua and the girls taking Chandler to a strip club.
- Also at 9: FLIX has Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces.
- Not sure what this film is, but at 9 Lifetime has Luke Wilson in Bad Seed, where he plays a man accused of killing his wife who looks for a videotape that can clear him. (Must be "Seed Night" on Lifetime: the movie before this at 7 is Seeds Of Deception.)
- Also at 9: Toon Disney has a new A.T.O.M.
- At 9:30, HGTV has a new House Hunters International.
- At 10, Court TV has a new Dominick Dunne: Power, Privilege & Justice.
- Also at 10: Bravo has two new eps of Outrageous & Contagious Viral Videos.
- Late night sports at 11: Speed has Inside Nextel Cup, while Outdoor has a new Fishing Across America. And ESPN has Sportscenter, of course.
- At 11:30, TCM has Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Top Hat.
Let's face it - awards shows are mostly lots of boring stuff with the occasional exciting moment when the awards you care about come up. To make things more exciting for you, though, TV Squad has come up with this fun-filled Play-Along-at-Home game to help occupy your time during the more mundane moments. We're not saying this is a drinking game, but, you know, if you wanted to make it a drinking game, or a potato chip eating game, or whatever, you could do that.
Here's how you play along. Just keep score at home (or drink, or eat a chip, or whatever you want) everytime you see the following things happen during the broadcast of the Golden Globes:
You know what the website needs, that it doesn't have? A Golden Globes drinking game. Somebody kisses Jack Nicholson's ass? Take a drink! Someone does an impression of Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch? Drink! Scripted, playful banter between presenters falls flat? Drink up!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 11 Most Gut-Wrenching Cases
- More From BuddyTV
- Glee's Jane Lynch Talks Michael Bolton, 'Samchel' and the Series''Fitting' End
- Daredevil on Netflix: Matt Murdock's Official Character Poster Unveiled
- Pilot Scoop: Community's Danny Pudi to Headline NBC Comedy Strange Calls
- Supergirl Scoop: Grey's Anatomy Vet Chyler Leigh Cast as Kara's Sis
- Pilot Scoop: Joan Allen Joins ABC Thriller From Scandal/Grey's Vet
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Build Palatial Playground for Daughter North
- Watch Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift Dance To Kanye West!
- Shailene Woodley Poses Topless for 'Glamour UK,' Talks ‘Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert Break Out the '90s Gear for Cover Band Show
- Beyonce Reveals Her Queen B Workout Routine
- More From ET