Smith remembered being there for Fawcett as she struggled and ultimately succumbed to cancer in 2009. "She never gave up. She just had this relentless drive to conquer the disease," she said.
Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
Get ready to lather, rinse and compete. The second season of SG will premiere on Wednesday June 25th at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo. Jaclyn Smith will host. Celebrity stylist Kim Vo and Allure editor Kelly Atterton will helm the judges table. Rene Fris will be back again as the contestants' mentor.
Shear Genius is the Bravo's first original series shot in high definition.
Find out what Wolf said and what's in store for next season on NBC and Bravo after the jump...
Bravo has been praising the successes of its freshmen reality competitions Top Design and Shear Genius for awhile now. So it comes as no surprise that the pair have been renewed for second seasons. This Yahoo! article also confirmed Jaclyn Smith will return to host the second run of Shear Genius, in which hairstylists compete for $100,000. Not clear yet is if Todd Oldham or any of the judges would be returning on Top Design, in which interior designers, architects and artists vie for $100,000. Of course, it doesn't mean they won't re-up, just that no one is saying yet.
The addition of Jaclyn Smith as host though, that's enough to get me to tune in at least once and give the show a try. She'll be joined on the show by celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger as the head judge. According to NBC, the contestants will "go head-to-head in creative challenges that require more than just talent with a comb and scissors." If you have seen Top Chef or Project Runway, I think you have an idea about how this one is going to go. Although, it's one thing to watch Vincent make a model look ridiculous for 2 minutes in his "crap glued on poster board" getup, it is a whole other deal to watch someone get their head mutilated by a contestant's artistic vision. The potential for cringe inducing comedy is high.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 2 Photos: Bring on the Silly String
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 4 Photos: The Calm Before the Crazy Storm
- 'Mistresses' Season 2 Finale Photos: Can Daniel Keep April and Lucy Safe?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 8: Frankie's 2nd HoH Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- AHS: Freak Show Sets October Premiere — Plus: New Plot Details!
- True Blood Finale Poll: Once and for All, Does Sookie Belong With Bill or Eric?
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Nurse Jackie Season 7 in Recurring Role
- NCIS: LA Boss Hints at Plan to Be 'As Noisy As We Can Be' in New Time Slot
- NBC Cancels Working the Engels
- More From TVLine
- FIRST LOOK: The 'True Blood' Series Finale
- Sir Mix-A-Lot Responds to Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Video
- Saved by the Bell: 25 GIFs to Celebrate Why We're Still Obsessed with Bayside!
- Jackie Chan on Son's Drug Arrest: 'I'm Very Ashamed'
- Hayden Panettiere Confirms Her Pregnancy With Her ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- More From ET