Smith remembered being there for Fawcett as she struggled and ultimately succumbed to cancer in 2009. "She never gave up. She just had this relentless drive to conquer the disease," she said.
Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
Get ready to lather, rinse and compete. The second season of SG will premiere on Wednesday June 25th at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo. Jaclyn Smith will host. Celebrity stylist Kim Vo and Allure editor Kelly Atterton will helm the judges table. Rene Fris will be back again as the contestants' mentor.
Shear Genius is the Bravo's first original series shot in high definition.
Find out what Wolf said and what's in store for next season on NBC and Bravo after the jump...
Bravo has been praising the successes of its freshmen reality competitions Top Design and Shear Genius for awhile now. So it comes as no surprise that the pair have been renewed for second seasons. This Yahoo! article also confirmed Jaclyn Smith will return to host the second run of Shear Genius, in which hairstylists compete for $100,000. Not clear yet is if Todd Oldham or any of the judges would be returning on Top Design, in which interior designers, architects and artists vie for $100,000. Of course, it doesn't mean they won't re-up, just that no one is saying yet.
The addition of Jaclyn Smith as host though, that's enough to get me to tune in at least once and give the show a try. She'll be joined on the show by celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger as the head judge. According to NBC, the contestants will "go head-to-head in creative challenges that require more than just talent with a comb and scissors." If you have seen Top Chef or Project Runway, I think you have an idea about how this one is going to go. Although, it's one thing to watch Vincent make a model look ridiculous for 2 minutes in his "crap glued on poster board" getup, it is a whole other deal to watch someone get their head mutilated by a contestant's artistic vision. The potential for cringe inducing comedy is high.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Mona Returns to Rosewood and Drops a Bombshell
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Explosions, Freefalls and Extreme Horseback Riding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The Plan to Save Jace
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: Scott Considers Adding a New Pack Member Over Stiles' Objections
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' 100th Episode Recap: Does Sonja Finally Stick Up for Herself?
- More From BuddyTV
- Selena Gomez Finally Confirms She and Zedd 'Had a Thing'
- Bristol Palin Holds a Shotgun in New Instagram Pic Amid Pregnancy Controversy
- Awkward? Jennifer Lawrence Is Scoping Out NYC Apartments Near Gwyneth Paltrow
- Sean Penn Reportedly Takes Minka Kelly on Extravagant Birthday Dinner Date
- 'RHONY' Hits 100 Episodes: Looking Back at 'Scary Island' and the Ladies' Best Fights Ever!
- More From ET