White dropped by 'The Wendy Williams Show,' (weekdays, syndicated on Fox) where he assured Wendy that he's still getting paid well off 'Family Matters' residuals, told some old stories and previewed his 'House' character.
There's the writers who send their scripts to the show runners who then have to filter their changes through the director who send them to the producer where it's thumbed through and sent to a group of picky censors and so on and so on. Ninety offices later, the script is finally ready for shooting, even though the story went from a quirky drama about a lawyer who represents illegal immigrants to a sci-fi epic about mutant leeches who suck out astronauts' brains through their nostrils.
But actor Jaleel White has found a place in Hollywood where the usual studio aristocracy has been thrown away in the name of freedom and simplicity: the Internet.
"I'm so excited about it because I don't need to go to an executive now," White said in a recent phone interview. "Our focus group is America."
Running eight seasons, 'Full House' became iconic pop candy for Generation X. Just a taste of what it gave us: eye-rolling references for later dorm-room talks, John Stamos' "bad guys just need a hug" lesson -- and the Olsen twins, adorable-little-Michelle-turned-billion-dollar-empire-controlling entertainment tycoons. Name another sitcom with a track record like that ... Exactly.
I need everyone to take a deep breath and calm down. For some reason a rumor has been circulating around the internet that Jaleel White, who played the nerdy-but-lovable Urkel on the TGIF staple Family Matters, committed suicide anywhere between December, 2005 and last month. An alleged Associated Press report stated that White left a suicide note with his former catchphrase "Did I do that?" next to his body. A picture of a gentleman that was supposed to look like Jaleel (except with shaved head. See right) was connected to the story. These rumors eventually reached us here at TV Squad central.
Well, folks, it isn't Jaleel. So, you can all breathe a sigh of relief. It's all a hoax that began at the end of 2005 and, for some reason, popped up again recently. In fact, he recently appeared in an episode of 24 according to iMDb.
So, before you build the makeshift memorials, and have Family Matters parties to commemorate the life of Jaleel White, please go to museumofhoaxes for proof that Urkel is alive and well.
[Bless Von for the time-saving tip]
UPDATE: Folks, your hopes and prayers for Jaleel have not gone unanswered. We were able to get in touch with Mr. White and this is what he had to say:
I'm very much alive and well. Thank you to all who have chosen to spread the truth about my mortality.
One day, while I was performing an inventory of my bird flu supplies and listening to a news story about the continuing rise of gas prices, a question of the utmost importance came to me. It was so world-shattering that I stopped counting the tunafish and powdered milk; stopped worrying about ten dollar-a-gallon gas. All I wanted to know was the answer to one question and one question only...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- Scoop: Carla Gugino Joins Showtime's Cameron Crowe Pilot Roadies, Replacing Christina Hendricks
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Reckless Actor as Hawkman
- More From TVLine
- Carrie Underwood Looks Incredible During Music Video Shoot Just 5 Months After Giving Birth
- Listen to 'Uptown Funk' as Performed by 280 Movies
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Heartbreaking Burial Service Asks for Prayers for Cissy Houston
- Rooster McConaughey -- Yes, Matthew's Brother -- Talks ‘West Texas Investors,' His Nickname & Donald Trump
- Amy Schumer Emotionally Speaks Out on Gun Violence: 'These Shootings Have Got to Stop'
- More From ET