(S01E14) You knew that a moment like this would eventually come up . . . a time where a father needed his son's help. I mean, even though Henry Spencer shows reluctance about his son's detective skills (especially since he masks them with a fake psychic power), inside he is extremely proud of how far his son has come. So, when an old friend of Henry's asks for help in finding his son the senior Spencer happens to drop Shawn's name. Ah, parents.
Shawn doesn't disappoint this client. In fact, he goes over the top in solving the mystery. By 'over the top' I mean going severely psychic in the presence of the father and his client. As I've mentioned in previous posts Shawn has been pretty subdued when using his psychic powers. Not this episode, though. He went whole hog just to put his Dad in an awkward position. Ah, children.
(S01E01 and E02) Henry Spencer to his son Shawn: How many hats?
The premise for Psych is clever and unique. Shawn Spencer (James Corday) was trained by his policeman father Henry (Corbin Bernsen) in the art of keen observation. Not only did Sean match his father's skills in this technique, but he may have even exceeded his Dad's abilities.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Rush Finale Recap: Very Bad Medicine
- TNT Orders 1970s-Set 'Cocaine' Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- Castle's Season 7 Premiere: 12 Teasers
- Sanjay and Craig Video: Chris Hardwick Brings Craig to Life — Plus: New Clip
- NCIS: Los Angeles Season 6 Sneak Peek: Has Someone Hurt Hetty?!
- More From TVLine
- Madonna's Sexy Calendar Tease Raises A Number Of Confounding Questions
- 8 Reasons We Should've Known Iggy Azalea Was A Ghost All Along
- Could Melissa Rivers Bring a Lawsuit Against Joan's Doctors?
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- Tony Gonzalez is CBS Sports' Hot Rookie Reporter
- More From ET