(S01E10) Former gas-masked zombie: My leg's grown back! When I come to the hospital, I had one leg!
Doctor (not The Doctor): Well, there is a war on, is it possible you miscounted?
The Doctor can babysit at my house anytime. I mean, any man who can get a crazed group of gas-masked zombies to stop attacking just by saying 'Go to your room' can get my kids to behave as well.
This episode was another fine performance all around for stars Christopher Eccleston (The Doctor) and Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) as well as writer Steven Moffat and Director James Hawes. Moffat and Hawes kept the tension that they developed last episode ("The Empty Child") while bringing in a bit more levity and even a happy ending for all concerned.
To recap: when we left our intrepid duo last episode they, as well as Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman, who looks and sounds a little bit like Tom Cruise), were about to become alien zombies. As mentioned above, The Doctor gave them all a stern talking to, which caused all of the zombies to go back to their rooms. From that point on it was a non-stop train ride.
Captain Jack: Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Spock!
The Doctor: Mr Spock?
Rose: What else was I gonna say? You don't have a name! Don't you ever get tired of The Doctor? Doctor Who?
The Doctor: Nine centuries, I'm coping.
If there is one word that describes this episode of Doctor Who it would be the word you see above. Oh, I could also use adjectives such as romantic, funny, mysterious and, um, blitzy. Yet, they would be secondary to creepy. Credit this to writer Steven Moffat and director James Hawes who used every trick in the Stephen King book of suspense to get that chill up your spine while The Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) investigated the mystery of a homeless child who really wasn't.
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here. So, jump at the sound of the gong to find out what the episode was all about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Claire Comes Face to Face with Sean
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The Anti-Audrey Underground Movement
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 5 Premiere Recap: McCall's Pack Preps for Senior Year and Beyond
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Vegas Callbacks Begin
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Lathan Confides in Carly
- More From BuddyTV
- Stan Lee Throws His Support Behind New 'Spider-Man' Star: 'He's Good to Me!'
- Did Britney Spears Make a Dig at Iggy Azalea After 'Pretty Girls' Diss?
- NeNe Leakes Is Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta': 'I Am So Grateful for all the Love and Laughs'
- Miss USA Pageant Is Going on as Planned, But Will It Find a New TV Home?
- Inside Rob Gronkowski's Wild Georgia Night: $100 Bills and 'Chicks As Hot As Crocodiles': EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
- More From ET