(S01E10) Former gas-masked zombie: My leg's grown back! When I come to the hospital, I had one leg!
Doctor (not The Doctor): Well, there is a war on, is it possible you miscounted?
The Doctor can babysit at my house anytime. I mean, any man who can get a crazed group of gas-masked zombies to stop attacking just by saying 'Go to your room' can get my kids to behave as well.
This episode was another fine performance all around for stars Christopher Eccleston (The Doctor) and Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) as well as writer Steven Moffat and Director James Hawes. Moffat and Hawes kept the tension that they developed last episode ("The Empty Child") while bringing in a bit more levity and even a happy ending for all concerned.
To recap: when we left our intrepid duo last episode they, as well as Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman, who looks and sounds a little bit like Tom Cruise), were about to become alien zombies. As mentioned above, The Doctor gave them all a stern talking to, which caused all of the zombies to go back to their rooms. From that point on it was a non-stop train ride.
Captain Jack: Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Spock!
The Doctor: Mr Spock?
Rose: What else was I gonna say? You don't have a name! Don't you ever get tired of The Doctor? Doctor Who?
The Doctor: Nine centuries, I'm coping.
If there is one word that describes this episode of Doctor Who it would be the word you see above. Oh, I could also use adjectives such as romantic, funny, mysterious and, um, blitzy. Yet, they would be secondary to creepy. Credit this to writer Steven Moffat and director James Hawes who used every trick in the Stephen King book of suspense to get that chill up your spine while The Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) investigated the mystery of a homeless child who really wasn't.
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here. So, jump at the sound of the gong to find out what the episode was all about.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Eras, Immunity, Dance-Offs and the Top 7
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: Gwen, Usher and CeeLo Return to Advise the Top 8
- 'Gotham' Recap: Does Gordon Rescue Barbara?
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- More From BuddyTV
- Viola Davis to Play Harriet Tubman in HBO Film From John Adams Scribe
- The Voice: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 8 Top 8
- NCIS: Emily Wickersham Previews a Sad Loss, Gibbs''Secret Relationship'
- The Originals' Danielle Campbell Talks Davina's Plan to Kill Klaus, Revive Kol
- The Unauthorized Full House Story Greenlit at Lifetime
- More From TVLine
- Before Adam Lambert's 'Ghost Town' Premiere: Hype Williams' 14 Best Music Videos
- Bruce Jenner's Fellow Olympian on Friend's Transgender Announcement: 'Hardest Thing I Could Ever Imagine'
- Ellen Pompeo Speaks Out on Patrick Dempsey's 'Grey's Anatomy' Exit
- Kris Jenner Refutes Claim That She Refused to Comment on Bruce Jenner's '20/20' Interview
- Penelope Cruz Sizzles in a Skintight Red Jumpsuit for 'Zoolander 2'
- More From ET