by Debra McDuffee, posted Feb 6th 2009 6:06PM
I was sitting down to watch TV last night, scanning through my choices on DVR: Lie to Me, Eleventh Hour, Life, Life on Mars.... I turned to my husband and said, "I think I'm sick of procedurals."
So I thought about what other shows we watch: Grey's Anatomy, House, Eli Stone, Damages... wait a minute, cops and doctors and lawyers... oh my! The only shining light, besides my TV on DVD, in our lineup is Leverage, so thanks again TNT for something different.
You can imagine, then, how I connected with James Hibbard's article today about the new fall TV pilots, and how they are all pretty much cop, lawyer or doctor shows. Yawn... I'm tired of these, so I scanned his list to find something unique. Did I?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ranking the Best and Worst of ABC's TGIF Lineup
- From Page to Screen: 15 TV Shows Based on Literature
- 20 Streaming TV Show Replacements for Surviving Summer Hiatus
- 'RHOC' Star Tamra Barney Next in Line for Wedding Spin-Off
- 'Does Someone Have to Go?' Review: 'The Office' Meets 'Survivor'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Originals' star Phoebe Tonkin: 'I'm team Klaroline!'
- Your 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Pretty Little Liars' fan fiction can make you money: Amazon introduces Kindle Worlds
- Nick Cannon: Don Cornelius''Soul Train' reboot is 'my passion project'
- Mitch Hurwitz wants new 'Arrested Development' every two to three years
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during live TV interview - oops
- More From Zap2it
- Fox Reality Chief Previews Does Someone Have to Go?: 'It's Relatable, Emotional, Voyeuristic'
- Finale Ratings: The Middle Holds Steady, Modern Family, SVU and Criminal Minds Down Vs. 2012
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: Meet Sanjay and Craig (AKA a Boy and His Talking Nerdist Snake)
- What to Watch Thursday: Rookie Blue Back on Patrol, Anne Heche Is Saved, Hannibal and More
- Chicago Fire Finale Recap: Baby Fever! [Updated]
- More From TVLine