by Joel Keller, posted Jan 7th 2010 2:02PM
I've been holding this interview for almost six months, but I think it was worth it. When I was in Pasadena last summer for the TCA press tour (whose winter edition I'll be leaving for on Friday morning... eep!), I spoke to Morgan Spurlock about the 20th anniversary film he was making about The Simpsons. FOX has finally decided to air that film, entitled The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special -- In 3-D! On Ice!, on January 10, along with the venerable cartoon's 450th episode.
Spurlock was just in the initial stages of filming the documentary when I talked to him, but his views on the show, how it and the perception of it has changed over the years, and some of the interesting things he learned about the show made for a fun interview. Since I didn't know how long the movie was going to be, I start the talk by expressing some surprise about its length.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' results: Did Restless Road or Jeff Gutt go home?
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Q&A panel live stream
- 'Game of Thrones': King Joffrey's 10 most evil moments
- 'New Girl': A Super Bowl episode with Prince?
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3b trailer: Dark times for Stiles, Scott and Allison
- More From Zap2it
- The X Factor Season 3 Semifinal Results Recap: What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Fighter
- Vampire Diaries Recaplet: A Shot in the Heart
- Kurt Sutter to Follow Up Sons of Anarchy With Period Drama Pilot for FX
- Grimm's David Giuntoli Talks Sewers, Stunt Mishaps and Why Santa Had It Coming
- Video: Dulé Hill On Psych's Musical Episode, [Spoiler]'s Looming Death and the Series Finale
- More From TVLine